SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (Nuro @ 29 Mar 2004, 12:38)REV's REVELL RACEWAY has now been updated to 240 feet.

Click here to check out the updated track.

Looking forward to 250!
sorry yo say this mate.... but you are completely mad
(in a positive way).
I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealaous of your track...or the space actually

Keep up the good work an good luck on the 250's

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks Catman. I've been working on it for years. It is such a blast to race on.
Many cars take 25 to 30 seconds to go 1 lap. I really wanted to build a track that was different - something with lots of changes in elevation. The entire layout takes up only 186 square feet of space in my garage. It could have easily taken up 1000.

check out the new hot rod:

It's BLAZING FAST. Pro-Track chassis, 46,000 rpm JK Falcon motor, ball bearing bushings, carbon fiber axles, Slot-it gears and rear wheels etc......

And it's light as a feather.

c-ya

Rev

·
Registered
715 Posts
Awesome track! I'm jealous too!!
Hey, how do the Revell pieces connect? Are they like the old Scaley stuff OR with clips like the Carrera stuff?

Thanks

-Maltese

·
Registered
81 Posts
Revell track does not have clips like Carerra. Never had the old scaley stuff so I'm not real familiar w/ it. It basically has 4 interlocking tabs at each end. It is not a track you would let a 10 year old put together. If you're not carefull, you can break the plastic interlocking tabs. It just takes a little finesse.
Once you get it down it's easy.

One disadvantage to Revell track is the limited number of curves available. There are only 21" radius (30 degrees), 14" radius (60 degrees), and Monza banked curves (which are also 30 degrees).

The track is smooth and fast with excellent magnetic downforce. It snaps together sideways so you can build 4, 6, or even 8 lane tracks. The racing won't be side by side the entire lap, but it is possible. I know how to do it now.

Every piece of this track was made between 1964 and 1966.

That's 40 years ago.

Rev

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wow!

Thanks for the info, Rev!!

As a side question, do you think that pitting and lane changing and sector timing will be important to you or the hobby?

Maltese

·
Registered
81 Posts
To me? No. To the hobby? yes

Lane changing on this track would be way too complicated. There's an awfull lot of track within a fairly small space. I wanted a huge layout but didn't want to devote 1000 square feet to do it.

It's hard to learn this track. Wanted to build something I wouldn't get tired of quickly. It's been at 240 now for a couple of months and I'm just getting to the point to where I can run 20 or 30 laps with a fast car w/o crashing.

On a layout like this I think it's best to keep the racing simple.

I do think that the new digital systems coming out will be good for the hobby.

Pit lanes? Yeah, I think they're a great idea, just not on this track.

Sector timing? Yeah, maybe..........

c-ya

Rev

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
After following this project (insane addiction?
) for the last 18 months at least...

Apart from wanting to try the damn thing, what I REALLY NEED to see is a slow lap captured on video so we can all get a feel for the layout as a whole

What about it?

Erm..pretty please?

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Rev

Have you got that Multi-Magnet beast of Russells running on your track. Now that should be something to see.

Great Stuff.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Alan,

No, I just haven't had time to mess with it yet. I've got taller diameter rear wheels and tires on it now, but need to get taller diameter fronts and to shim the guide. The car doesn't stick that well at all yet, so most of the effort will be getting the magnetic downforce set up right. But it's tough to do that until I get the ride height of the chassis where it needs to be. Because of all the changes in elevation, a super-flat set-up won't work on this track. Most of my time is spent working on the track - building bridges and supporting it properly, and adding more and more power supply tracks. When I run the Rotor Motor Fly cars around I can still notice places where I need to add power. So far, nothing has come even close to running with the lightweight Pro-Track chassis w/ a 46,000 rpm Falcon motor in it.

I do want to get some type of video so you can see both a slow motion lap and a little faster one. I think you guys will find it interesting.

see ya

Rev

1 - 11 of 11 Posts