SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New to the forum and thought maybe the community could help me out. I'm sorry since this track is not as old as required for a topic on this forum but my question seemed best suited for this group out of them all. I'm a reseller on eBay and have come into a slot track that I can not price match on the market. I'm doing research now on a couple tracks and some individual cars I have and this one has me stumped.

As in the title it's a Revell Item #8300/8305, Racing Action, Layout Size 93 inches x 46 inches.
It did not come in the box. I have most all parts minus a couple accessories and some track clips.
I have the instructions which is how I know any of these details. The copyright on the instructions is 2006.

Seems if made in 2006 then it would be an easy find but I've had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time to all those that read and write on my post.
Fred

·
Administrator
10,525 Posts
Fred,

A photo would help identify it.

As far as I know, Revell didn't make slot tracks in 2006, in fact not since about 1968!

Sounds like another kind of toy.

Don

·
Registered
304 Posts
Interesting. Have never seen this. And it’s complete, by the looks of it. In terms of quality, on the lower end of things but might have some novelty value.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Interesting indeed. Cars and track look like 1/43 Artin style products. Did Artin do sets with "junctions"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I'm actually curious how many people say they haven't seen it being that I can't find it out there. I've looked through many searches and images under many different words, nothing.

To help condition I'll straighten out all the connection pins and see if there's a way to clean up the metal strips in the track some. There is only 1 turn that has a crack in the middle but doesn't change function.

The little House is battery operated and plugs into the track as well but not sure of the function.

Missing a banner piece, the rock tunnel, and about 10 clips or so.

I'm going to get it all set up to test it out with my son...and then see if I can still sell it.

Thanks for the responses.
Fred
Interesting indeed. Cars and track look like 1/43 Artin style products. Did Artin do sets with "junctions"?
I wouldn't be the one to answer that but I do have the instructions with Revell. I will mention that the copyright has "Revell Monogram" if that helps any ID.
Also to people have mentioned scale. Do these car dimensions help ID scale?
3.75 inches or 3 3/4" long... front to rear and 1.5 inches or 1 1/2" wide...side to side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Revell 1/43rd scale cars come up on ebay quite a bit and have glow wheels

View attachment 304939

As far as I know the track is from the same generic range as Artin, Hot Wheel, Chad Valley and all the others.
Yep. This is the only non-vintage Revell set I see out there as well. Just surprised not to see any of these.

Thanks for opinion of comparable type of sets. I'll likely use the higher end side of pricing for these "lower" end hobby sets and have a best offer option as I always do. If the "rarity"...I don't like using that word in my listings...has any value then it will sell quick otherwise buyers will set the price through offers.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts