SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to hold off from buying the first two releases of the Greenwood Corvette from Revell (Spirit of Sebring and Riverside cars) and this release was certainly worth the wait. Unbelievable attention to detail and tampo printing, here's some pics....

I'd like to run this without the mag so if anyone has any tips on running these Corvettes in this way please let me know.

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Marlon....I've got the first two, but not this one...

They are superb cars and really don't need a great deal of work to make them run well.

Once you've thrown away the magnet, just add a little weight behind the guide, (I used 2.5 grms) They are pretty quick and I know some people have criticised the lack of braking effect. I think it's fair to say that they prefer smooth braking and coasting around the entry to a curve. If you're not happy with this then you can change the drivetrain to Slot.it components..
The cars are very well built and beautifully finished and as a bonus each car is detailed in a different way.

Nice choice of car.

Regards

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alan, I'll give it a go without the mag and some weight at the weekend.

Marlon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
QUOTE (Big Bear @ 19 Jan 2005, 23:44)Well, that's the way they looked back then!?
It's a race car, it's not a beauty contest entry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you´re probably right! Le Mans 1976 was a VERY bad year regarding beautiful race-cars. But you know what? Sometimes there are actually some really beautiful race-cars, that both look good and race good. The Greenwood Corvette is NOT one of them!

Danny

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (dannyboy @ 20 Jan 2005, 15:07)QUOTE (Big Bear @ 19 Jan 2005, 23:44)Well, that's the way they looked back then!?
It's a race car, it's not a beauty contest entry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes there are actually some really beautiful race-cars, that both look good and race good. The Greenwood Corvette is NOT one of them!

Danny
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Greenwood Corvette looks kinda 'strange' I agree with that. (I own the Sebring and Riverside models myself)
Personally I love the Porsche 917, and I think it looks good, AND it raced good. I am afraid the shape of the 917 won't appeal to everybody either unfortunately.

/BB.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I just opened the box of this new Corvette and found some extra fog lights in there. These must be glued to the body!
I'd like to know if anybody out there has also two head fog lights which only can be put to the left of the body but not to the right?

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi seth,

The fog lights should be on a sprue together, although they look the same shape you'll notice the the 'cibie' logo is upside down on one so you should be able to fit to both sides. You should also have a big red fog light for the rear with it also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When the real cars raced they were seen as beautiful by many. Then it was also stylish to wear bell bottom pants, tie dyed shirts and have mutton chop side burns.

Different times and different styles. It was hot and contemporary in '76.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Seth,

Is this the part....

If so you can see that the logo is upside down on one of them, so when you turn it over it can be fitted to the other side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts