SlotForum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

· Registered
1,130 Posts
These look like a bit of fun. Actually it'd look brilliant running with one of the little fiats SCX bought out.. might be time to go to the shops again!

· Registered
477 Posts
I think these are bigger than the Prinz, Philippe but the marque must have been quite okay in its time.
Three Prinzes were entered in the 1960 Armstrong 500 (mile) race at Phillip Island in Victoria, Australia and were the only ones to finish in their class, not bad for a 1960 750cc micro. One of them was even co-piloted by the late great Lex Davison.

Interestingly, this race was the first of the annual Aussie enduros that have become the Bathurst 1000.

Interestinglier, the Bathurst 1000 is on tomorrow (Aus time). I believe it's broadcast to Europe and North America so it might be worth a look to those who can get it.

It's now a part of our two-car Holden/Falcon V8 Touring Car Championship so it mightn't get everyone's salivatory glands working but the 6.2 km mountain track is just awesome.

Cheers

· Registered
477 Posts
Er, just got past page one on this thread

aaarrrrggghhh, be still my pounding parts!

I want them

Phillip Island 1960 (yes, where the Aussie round of MotoGP is run).

Stole this Peter Dábbs photo of the Gibson/Gorman Prinz leading ill-fated Levingston/Candy LLoyd Alexander TS from Chevron Publishing's book, Australia's Greatest Motor Race by Bill Tuckey and David Greenhalgh.
Sorry for the quickie digicam image but I'm a lazy old sod.

So many choices. This hobby's starting to look expensive all of a sudden.

Cheers

· Registered
54 Posts
the more i look at these the more i'm convinced that revell are plain 'bonkers' for releasing them...they are quirky...small...a complete departure from their previous offerings of classic americana...and theres waay too much detail for something so tiny...
i simply MUST have TWO of each !

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.