SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
From 1966. Note the scientific method used to test the toughness of the cars.

4 runs flat out along a straight section of track and into a brick wall!!!

And they all survived!

This test should be a compulsory part of all NSSC tests and all NSSC testers should be made to sign a form to say that they will undertake such a test on a 10m long straight section of track! (NSSC testers =
)

Also note that even then the GT40 was described as the most modelled car in slot racing history. Nothing changes over 40 or so years does it?

I would also note that the Scalextric Offenhauser appeared to be a very competitive club car being the second fastest F1 car in its class. Surely its about time Scalextric produced a car purely for the club racers of 2004? Things have moved on a little since 1966 and it would give something for club racers to talk about. And think of the promotion it gives you Mr Scalextric around the club circuit. It certainly was the case in 1966.

Moped

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

NSSC? Well they can do what they like, however I, as an occassional NSCC reviewer would prefer not to bash my cars into a wall after ten metres. My skirting boards are fine how they are thankyou!!

QUOTE (moped rider)Surely its about time Scalextric produced a car purely for the club racers of 2004? But I didn't think that was what they do?! You keep telling us that Scalextric make cars for the home racers. So are you now tellig us that you would like to see Scalextric produce a car to directly compete with the likes of the Slot.its, Fly Racers and seminal Proslot Toyota GT1?

Nice articles though, thanks for sharing

Cheers,

Julian.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Moped, I can assure you the Fly racer will withstand the test!

I went up pendle's main straight wheelied out the slot and ploughed into the top wall at pretty much top speed (35k scaleauto and 10/28 gearing) and happily completed the race. and nothing is wrong with it.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
While these cars which moped has shown us are nice and collectable ,at the time they were released were completly uncompetitive in UK clubs I had both the GT 40 and the Offenhauser and neither could keep up with the Revel/Monogram kits of the day or the VIP club specials which ruled the roost on plexy track at the time.
Nice article thouh but a rather stupid way of testing ,Im sure I wouldnt want to delibratly slam a brand new car into a wall just to test its resiliance unless I was involved in the development at the factory .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts