SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a crusch on Top Slot's "Castrol Toyota Supra GT -97"
Anyone here have this or know of a review somewhere.
Also if the Venturi behaved better or worse with the new body...

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Would you run it with magnets or without?

With, you better be careful, resin = brittle.

Without, you better be prepaerd. NM venutris = edge of your seat fun.

Lotus

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I've got one. I love it, but then I have reason to be biased.

Mine came built and so looks great. With the magnet in it runs fine, but I have never pushed it hard, not wanting to damage it.

I recently took the magnet our, lubed the various bits and noticed it has a sprung guide. Whatever, it runs nicely, but again have never raced it. It's on a rough par with other Fly GT cars in lap times around my smallish, home (Sport/SCX) track.

It is a shame in many ways the did not use the Marcos/Panoz/Corvette front engined chassis as this would be more in keeping, but also might mean the driver isn't sitting with his nose on the windscreen.

Scott

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
I bought a Top Slot Castrol Supra kit about 4 years ago, but have still to assemble it. I have all the parts and donor Venturi chassis, but to-date it is still not made

M

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Man, when oh, when will we get some of these JGTC beauties in rtr?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I used the TopSlot Supra and created Esso " Tiger " which is using the Venturi chassis and Venturi full interior.I moved the driver to the right hand side.I did this car 4-5 years ago.

After I finish my Volvo,I have another TopSlot Supra and will do another JGTC,possibly the Loctite,but there are so many liveries that I like,lots of great possiblities.

I wish a manufacturer would get on board and make these JGTC beauties!!!

Iceman

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Yes, I agree. If a manufacturer is looking for a niche in the market, surely this is it.

M

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
If you go to the Ninco website (or get the Ninco club newsletter) your attention may be drawn to an impressive 4 lane track in Japan, which from the photos, looks like it may be in a well stocked hobby shop!

I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again and again probably), if we can get the Japanese hooked on 1/32 slots, we will really start to see some impressive models! And their home grown race series would be an excellent source of original subject matter for them to break into the market with.

Mr.M

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
No and maybe is the answer based on the stock in two model car shops I found in Tokyo last year. One, a huge multi-floor place with everything small and scale like had no slot cars, but a small otherwise all diescast shop had a few Fly and MRRC. There was no track so my assumption was they were being sold as static models, and why not.

I think space is the issue (Japanese houses are much smaller than European or US ones) and the lack of relavent cars if you overlook the ever growing multitude of Subarus.

Scott

·
Registered
420 Posts
in this japanese context it is interesting to look at the newly emerging slotcar effort made by Autoart - some interesting Japanese cars coming up it seems - oh and some lambos and porsches as well as a sidekick

yes I admit - I ordered the Miura straight away - both of them...

//peter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts