SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
looking good to me. Anyone with van or possible a trailer would be ok. Where is the venue. And if not I have some track that can be set individually which was used to promote the club to get the club up and running while we sort out the logistics of the big track. This could help get the new and old members together and talk about what we want from the club.
If you want to meet me let me know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cotgrave Place Golf Club. They have a large function room on the first floor overlooking the course. It was fully refurbished 12 months ago. The guy is getting back to me with available days etc later on. Is it a problem if we paid a small fee as I might use it as a bargaining tool if there's any problem? They are looking at having to staff the event obviously.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I sometimes use a trailer for swapmeets etc. It's about 7 foot long, 5 foot wide & 6 foot high. It's almost like a shed on wheels so perhaps this kind of thing would be the answer. If you get one that's dry inside and kept somewhere safe you could find it does the job & you will also be able to take your track to outside events.

·
David K Phillipson
1,433 Posts
Cant attend meeting but am interested (unfortunately will be lapping up the spanish hospitality)
could you post any decisions/indecisions of meeting on here please

·
Registered
21 Posts
All, i'm not going to be able to make tonight as i've been asked to take my dad to Spire Hospital in Leicester for his cancer treatment this afternoon.

The 2 venues I was going to mention are:

Cotgrave Place Golf Club - They would have to put staff on and only have Monday's available at £10 per hour
Jubilee Hall in Whatton - Available on Sundays at £8.50 per hour

As previously stated, I have storage for the layout 10 minutes from each venue should it be required.

Let me know the outcome please.

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will pass on the information and let you know what happens tonight.
Also those that are coming along to the meet at the Manor pub just down from the retail park on the corner of high road B6003 and Nottingham road A6005 to help get Notts slot club up and running. I am the one who will be wearing a green star wars top or my Brawn GP jacket.
Look forward to meeting those that will be attending.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Only a few turned up but its great to see the response to get the club up and running again. Sorry about those that could not make it.
It became clear that the only way forward is to get the club its own place and have a permanent track set up.
As the boards are heavy and the time it takes to move them and the weight of the boards would take away from the fun of racing and would lead to less time to race each night. Also the track can get damaged in transportation which would take time out of the race night to for repairs.
We have decided to approach local councils to get help in finding a location for the club. Ill will be asking Erewash and Brian Ashfield. Please if anyone else can ask there local council please do.
If anything comes up I will post on forum.
Also if anyone knows of anywhere we could rent for a reasonable price for a permanent place please let me know.
Lets get the club racing again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI ALL!!!!

I think it is a great idea to restart the slot club.

I am sorry I missed your email Mark, only just read it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Vernon

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have travelled from north of Nottingham to the Quorn Slot Car Club in Loughborough (on the A6) for a number of years now and it takes less than 30 mins to get there. It is a long established club racing on a 6 lane 90' long circuit with computer controlled timing, also a rally track and others in planning. There will also soon be a spin-off group in Kimberley in pub premises.
Anyone is welcome to call in on a Tuesday evening to Loughbro' to find out more or join in - see our web site www.quornslotcarclub.co.uk

·
David K Phillipson
1,433 Posts
had an offer for the function room at the pheasant , radford would anybody from nottingham like to go and suss it out

Malc (landlord) says room should be big enough, (60 people plus tables), and some room for the storage problem (although may need ladder)

price to be discussed with landlady

21 - 40 of 64 Posts