SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
What room size does the Nottm layout require?
As I said previously, if people are interested in racing then we are already there -why spread ourselves too thinly to support numerous venues?
We have 2 operational tracks and 3 more in storage with a large room available.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Beeston and race at Quorn Slot Car Club in Loughborough - dive no problem at all on a Tuesday evening.

Like the last comment why spread ourselves too thinly.

Why not come down on a Tuesday night at eight and have a go!!!

·
David K Phillipson
1,433 Posts
To put it from my point of view quorn is forty miles from my house and slightly further for other people in mansfield /sutton, and the same distance to gainsborough where we go thursdays when we can make it

if we had a venue in notts the travel time is halved (even for the nottingham lads)

also the notts evening used to be sundays (hopefully that will remain ) more useful for such as myself who work away all week for 75% of the year and cant travel to weekday meetings

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok, set a date to meet at The Pheasant to discuss where we are so far and see who turns up and we can take it from there.
We used to meet as a classic car club there and parking wasn't great but I'm open to trying it.
Is Kimberley too far for you - just off jctn 26 M1?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all
Sorry for late reply been so busy at work. 1st time back on the pc.
Anyway No new news from me yet. If the Phesent can hold the track which is 10 mtrs by 4mts and storage for 6 boards that are up to 6ftx4ft it could be a possibility. I dont mind going to have a look.
But as I said before to get the best racing a permanent venue with no track dismantling would be the best and I think that a budget of £150 to £200 per month would be ok but the cheaper the better as we would get multiple race nights for example kids night, tuning night and full adult race night for at least 2hrs without set up eating up the time.
Also a club local to Nottingham near major transport links would help as not everyone that came to the club before had a car.
The more clubs there are the more popular slot car racing can become, I have a lot of people that come into my shop and ask about clubs and are interested in racing but they do get a bit put of by having to travel to the nearest clubs as this does add to the cost of the night.
Lets work together to help make slot racing fun and accessible for everyone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (nottsslot @ 21 Jan 2010, 10:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all
Sorry for late reply been so busy at work. 1st time back on the pc.
Anyway No new news from me yet. If the Phesent can hold the track which is 10 mtrs by 4mts and storage for 6 boards that are up to 6ftx4ft it could be a possibility. I dont mind going to have a look.
But as I said before to get the best racing a permanent venue with no track dismantling would be the best and I think that a budget of £150 to £200 per month would be ok but the cheaper the better as we would get multiple race nights for example kids night, tuning night and full adult race night for at least 2hrs without set up eating up the time.
Also a club local to Nottingham near major transport links would help as not everyone that came to the club before had a car.
The more clubs there are the more popular slot car racing can become, I have a lot of people that come into my shop and ask about clubs and are interested in racing but they do get a bit put of by having to travel to the nearest clubs as this does add to the cost of the night.
Lets work together to help make slot racing fun and accessible for everyone.

If there's anything I can do regarding moving the track to a permanent venue then let me know as I have a handy Ford Transit!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok things are happening at last!
The Kimberley location is now powered up with a permanent track and is open for racing most nights from 7.30pm at The White Lion pub in Swingate, Kimberley.
It is intended as a focal point to get like minded folk together to try out their cars and maybe run some races, and to take this hobby forwards.
I have also found somewhere larger that could house the Nottingham Slot Club track.
We now need committed people to turn up and discuss the next move.
This forum does not make things happen - YOU DO!
Contact me at: [email protected] for further details if you are genuinely interested.
Ian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kimberley track is 2-lane Ninco on an 8'x4' board at present. An extension is currently under construction onto another board.
This is obviously nothing like the size of the Nottingham track, but serves as somewhere to meet and discuss the next move whilst giving your cars a run out.
And it's free!
We hope to have a representative track/tracks at the Donnington Park event in May in order to promote clubs in the area. Come along and meet us there if you can't get to Kimberley?

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
Hi Ian,

I'm pretty new to all this, but just been reading the thread and glad to see the Notts club seems to be moving in the right direction. You mentioned on a previous post that the Kimberley site is open most nights for racing...is it just turn up and race any night, or are the actual nights annouced at short noticed?

I live in Calverton, so Kimberley is a perfect venue for me (selfish I know!!!) and although I haven't got to much experience in the hobbie as yet, and I do work long hours in the week, I'd like to come along and have a look....plus maybe get involved in some way as things progress.

I have plenty of contacts in the printing world and worked as a graphic artist for 10 years....so if you need anything creating in marketing terms, t-shirts printing etc, then I might be able to help.....just let me know.

Cheers
lee...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Lee,

apologies for time taken to reply - don't get much chance to log on here very often.
It's great to find more interested parties with skills to offer and this is hopefully what we are aiming to achieve.
Unfortunately the Kimberley circuit has been put to one side as the pub are using the room for temporary storage.
In the meantime I can only encourage people to keep their interests alive and make that bit more effort to travel further afield to the clubs in Melton or Loughborough (Quorn Slot Car Club) - see links elsewhere - as "word of mouth" is often the most efficient means of communication.
The recent event at Donnigton Park is proof that this works!

Ian

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
Hi Ian,

As you have probably noticed from my forum signiture, I started going across to Gainsborough a few months back....and intend to carry on as there is a great bunch of guys there who have made me feel very welcome (and have put up with my constant technical questions etc
)

I'd still be very much interested in attending the Nottingham club if it ever gets back going....as long as it's not a Thursday night...that's G-Slot night. I'll keep a check on the forum and see what happens with Notts, and more importantly, if I come across a suitable venue for the club I'll let you know.

Cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey peeps,

don't know if anyone will read this, but I gotta try...

Is Notts club still up and running, or has it disbanded?

Moving to |Derby on Wednesday, so scouting for clubs in the immediate area.

Cheers,

Jon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quorn Slot Car Club meets on the A6 just north of Loughborough, towards Hathern. Shouldn't take too long from Derby?
This years events should build on the strengths of last year - see our website for further details - www.quornslotcarclub.co.uk
All welcome, including discussions on how to get a club in the Notts + Derby area.....
Ian

41 - 60 of 64 Posts