SlotForum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been picking up your threads.

For anyone interested there is also the Melton Cliub not far away!

See the club section for our website.

Anyone interested in our Slt Rally Event September 17th and 18th 2011? Held over two days just turn up and play

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,
I've recently built a permanent(ish) track at the Sir John Borlase Warren pub in Canning Circus, Nottingham. It's predominantly used for private party hire. But on every Tuesday evening we have an open race night. The track is a very twisty Scalextric digital track which is running SSDC. According to the the track designer software i used, the track length is 80'.
The open race night has only been going a few weeks, and the emphasis is on having fun and anyone is welcome. The cars and controllers are provided (At the moment, some races can be total carnage, so we don't want people getting upset that their own car is getting trashed by a total beginner that won't decelerate).
It runs from 6p.m. until 10.30p.m. Occasionally we've set up a SCX temporary rally stage track in the bar, with a 'Top-Gear' type leader board. We're fairly flexible as to the format of the racing (dependant on how many want to compete), but always end on a final race with the top 3 getting medals. Younger drivers are welcome earlier on in the evening (licensing laws require under 18's to be off by 9 p.m.) The open race night is £3 admission for the nights racing.

Our website is www.theracingroom.co.uk
for those of you familiar to Nottingham, the Evening post ran an article a couple of weeks ago:
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Wacky-ra...tail/story.html

We're on twitter @TheRacingRoom
You can also find us on Facebook by searching for: The Racing Room at The Sir John Borlase Warren

I realise that what we're doing doesn't necessarily fill the gap left, by not having a serious slot racing club in Nottingham. But, in the new year, we're looking to hold some form of season or championship for the slightly more serious racer (and people who own/mod their own cars). I'm very much up for suggestions as how this may manifest itself, so if you do have any ideas, want to know more, etc... please PM or email me.

Cheers for now, and anyone is welcome on the Tuesday Open Race Nights!!!
Tom

61 - 64 of 64 Posts