SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the third car I squandered my dinner money on at Sean's last month. I didn't intend to buy this - how many folk say that walking out of his emporium, I wonder? - because my initial excitement at the release had been severely dampened by photos that, I thought, made the mould look a bit, soft. Anyhoo, in the flesh, spotlit in Mr Pendle's display cabinet, the lines looked crisp and the Marlboro red just electric.

Money was exchanged.

Well, I handed the man my credit card.

Sporting the newer pinion in the drivetrain she's quiet out of the box and faster than either my Marcos or Viper. We still don't race these at Oxford and, I fancy, it'll be a while before that's even on the horizon but these Revoslots are, in my experience, wonderful in their difference to everything else. They seem to be fans of mid-90s machines; I hope there's a Venturi on their drawing-board.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The GT class at Le Mans in the mid 90s was great, marcos, venturi, F40, supras, the Walkinshaw Jag 220 disqualified for no catalyser and of course the 962 that was turned into the road car and back to a racer, just got the Pilot sponsored Ferrari by Revoslot, fab model, super paint job and a clever rear wing attached by magnet, now awaiting the MoMo sponsored car.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
" just got the Pilot sponsored Ferrari by Revoslot, fab model, super paint job and a clever rear wing attached by magnet, now awaiting the MoMo sponsored car."
Had a good look at both F333sp's yesterday evening, superb indeed. As for the Momo, a well informed source mentioned that at the moment the problem seems to be identifying and procuring the correct color for the Momo livery.

By the way: Spoiler alert, the same source mentioned that further expansion of the line will focus on the 1993 -1999 era.
Next up seems to be an other GT...if only by name
innocent.gif

With kind regards.
Tamar

·
Phil Clayton
920 Posts
By the way: Spoiler alert, the same source mentioned that further expansion of the line will focus on the 1993 -1999 era.
Next up seems to be an other GT...if only by name
innocent.gif

With kind regards.
Tamar
One of the following perhaps....?

Porsche 911GT1 - 98

Nissan R390 GT1

McLaren F1 GTR (long tail)

Panoz GTR1

Toyota GT-One

Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM

Porsche 911 GT1

Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll accept a Panoz or another McLaren F1 but please not the Porsches or Nissan.

Maybe the CLK at a push.

I read today, somewhere on t'internet, that the Toyota may be out this side of Christmas.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like I said, possibly before Christmas.

Did this cheat of the rules have any other outings? Is it just the three liveries? I know, I could Google but....

Whatever, it's a bold move to model a machine with severely limited reproduction possibilities. Guess they could go the shabby, Sideways, route and knock out a whole load o' Gulf and JPS nonsense.
innocent.gif

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
The Toyota GT one's star shone bright burned fast and short.
In total only 5 cars/chassis were build, clad in two liveries for two editions of the Le Mans 24hrs (1998 -1999)

Revoslot has chosen 1999 for its first release, this is the 1998 livery

with kind regards

Tamar
4c135ddd1638725d9585ca446e6e00a1.jpg

·
Gordon Steadman
6,995 Posts
Oh dear oh dear.

I've only just weakened and bought the ProSlot version of this very car. The guide hole has already broken and a Scaleauto replacement is on the way. I assume this Revoslot car will be a somewhat more serious racer! Somewhat more expensive no doubt.

·
Phil Clayton
920 Posts
Of course my list above is of "GT" cars, some of which went on to be included in the LMGTP category.
But I wonder if Revoslot are considering some of the Ferrari 333SP's direct competitors in WSC, like:
TWR Porsche WSC 95

BMW V12 LM

Courage C36, C41 & C51

Riley & Scott Mk III

or the

Lola B98/10

'93 to '99 covers a fascinating and varied selection of cars in Le Mans history and it is coincidentally a period of time when I was at Le Mans for every race, This could get interesting......
wink.png

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Of course my list above is of "GT" cars, some of which went on to be included in the LMGTP category.
But I wonder if Revoslot are considering some of the Ferrari 333SP's direct competitors in WSC, like:
TWR Porsche WSC 95

BMW V12 LM

Courage C36, C41 & C51

Riley & Scott Mk III

or the

Lola B98/10

'93 to '99 covers a fascinating and varied selection of cars in Le Mans history and it is coincidentally a period of time when I was at Le Mans for every race, This could get interesting......
wink.png
My source did mention one of the cars on your list as on their 'To do' list ;)

with kind regards

Tamar

·
Registered
631 Posts
Have they ran out of liveries for supra and now doing fantasy liveries ?

lemns 96

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

JGTC

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Car

Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

what about some jap tuning companies

top secret

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

even if they are fantasy, could stick to jap tuning companies/colours/logos

HKS / Endless / Advan / Greddy

·
Registered
290 Posts
Maybe it's a licensing thing that they don't do any JGTC liveries? There was also the "yellow hat" livery which look cool.

I'll probably will buy one of the Martinis since I want another Revo Supra for my collection. Tough choice between the red, yellow or green cars. The pictures of the final cars will decide once I see them.

Reactions: r377
1 - 20 of 22 Posts