SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this one second hand for € 30.00. Is it worth the money? It got a Carrera digital chip.

Vehicle Aluminum can Wood Car Automotive design
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Toy

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Duh yes it is, all Revo's are produced in limited numbers, so when a production runs out...
And they're good cars, easy to run...and fun....but since they're so "different" than other 1/32 cars (metal chassis, bit heavier) you need two to tango

with kind regards
Tamar

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
Very good price indeed. Be mindful that you isolate the chip from the metal chassis and have fun.
And, depending how low that thing is you might want to put some tape at the bottom of the chassis to avoid shorting the rails.

·
Jim Moyes
5,106 Posts
An excellent price! I was going to say you wouldn't get a Proslot version for that price, but there was one at the Orpington swap meet yesterday, mint in box for £20 or £25.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,863 Posts
chip alone nearly costs €30

Reactions: Laudafan

·
Registered
55 Posts
Probably the fastest of the revoslot cars. Just a pity that there are so few racing liveries.
If you want to run a revoslot class, you end up with all red cars !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably the fastest of the revoslot cars. Just a pity that there are so few racing liveries.
Yes, indeed, it´s very fast 🤣 🤣

Wouldn´t mind having them all three though, even when they are all red 🤣 🤣

Vehicle Car Automotive design Toy Red

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
At North Staffs three of us have a GT one, mine is stock but for Revo 15 rears, I chose the Esso sponsored #27, the Japanese crewed one,the only one to finish.

Another member has #28, the Zent sponsored one, this has lightweight wheels ,a 25k motor,alternate gear and an nsr pinion, also special screws to allow more body rock.

A third member has the #29 Safnet car, this is body only, 3dp chassis, slot it running gear,Rs 26 motor, think he's going to run it in open GT/endurance class next year, I'm planning a mrslotcar Unipart Jag xj220, these looked great at the Sarthe, one was the class winner, we'll at least for a very short while until they spotted no cats fitted in post race scrute.

Saw the Toyota's in period at LM, in the 98 race they were the class of the field ,but lunched their gearboxes, in order to finish first in endurance, first you must finish.

The GT one goes well for a heavy car, very stable and predictable handling, the faster motor in the #28 car makes virtually no difference, I can pound around for about 150 laps in practice, only one or two offs.

Revos are well engineered and beautifully finished, but a real marmite car, out of 20 plus members at the club we have four converts currently.
Waiting for a Harrods of Fina McLaren next year to add to my F40, 333sp and gt1 911.
Really looking forward to the proposed group 2 cars, Jagermeister Alfa please.

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
That might be the case when you run an unbalanced Revoslot class, but in that case you could also end up with an all silver line up, or just Porsche GT2's. It all depends what car will suit the club track best.

I.m.o a good Revoslot class would comprise a division in at least 2 classes separating the GT/GT2 cars from the GTP/LMP cars...with possible an additional B.o.P to even out the most extreme differences between dimensions and most of all... total weight.

Toyota Gt-one is a fast light and nimble car, its only downside in (slot) racing is its relatively long rear overhang and high placed aerofoil.

And yes I have all three of them 😇

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
That might be the case when you run an unbalanced Revoslot class, but in that case you could also end up with an all silver line up, or just Porsche GT2's. It all depends what car will suit the club track best.

I.m.o a good Revoslot class would comprise a division in at least 2 classes separating the GT/GT2 cars from the GTP/LMP cars...with possible an additional B.o.P to even out the most extreme differences between dimensions and most of all... total weight.

Toyota Gt-one is a fast light and nimble car, its only downside in (slot) racing is its relatively long rear overhang and high placed aerofoil.

And yes I have all three of them 😇

with kind regards
Tamar
Toyota Gt one is the only I have none☹
Is it better than the Ferrari 333 or the Mercedes CLK ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very nice ! I am looking at the Toyota-Minolta livery (blue-white). But I am sill waiting for the white kit to arrive.
There is also a Taka-Q livery on the Proslot and a rare Blue-White flames livery.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Taka Q would look nice, also Dunlop black white and yellow, but think the Leyton House Miami blue would be my choice if I was into fantasy liveries.

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
You guys are slapping group-C liveries on this car? In the famous words of Pedro: shaking my head in disbelief!
Nice one Marc ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts