SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have put together some proposed dates for the last Wednesday of alternate months next year at nssrc for racing Revos, we can discuss these on 15th December when we next run.
Keefie,Tony,Robert, myself and hopefully Terry W.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Proposed dates, all the last Wednesday in the month, we can amend accordingly nearer each date due to holidays and instructions from SWMBO.

January 26
March 30
May 25
July 27
September 28
November 30

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Four of us ran again last night, centre four lanes, two and a half minutes heats, eight heats in total.

Very enjoyable, still learning about these cars, couple of folks have Mercedes now to fettle and Santa is bringing a Macca to another member.

Couple of technical issues last night, one car had a motor work loose, another car lost a wheel.

We ran 911 gt1 and 2, Ferrari 333, Merc and Toyota GT one.
Next run is last Wednesday in January, Boris permitting of course.

Best wishes for Christmas and New year to all Revoslotting fans in all clubs.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next Revoslotting evening at N staffs is Wednesday the 26th ,Tony, Robert, Keefie and myself are all free, be interesting to see how Keefies new McLaren goes.
I'll check with keefie what time he plans on opening up.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Three of the four Revoslotters in the club ran this evening,
Using all six lanes we ran through twice.
The cars are bedding in and getting smoother and quieter and of course quicker.
We ran Porsche gt1 and gt2, Ferrari 333, Toyota GT one, Merc clk and McLaren.
Very enjoyable, next scheduled outing is the last Wednesday in March, hopefully I'll have the Steve Soper #38 Fina McLaren by then.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Four of us ran again last night, twice through on the four centre lanes, we ran obey the laws of physics rules, IE crash n Marshall yourself.

Although racing as such, we are really evaluating car performance before formalising some rules and specifications for next year.

The big factor is obviously rubber, a 911gt1/96 running with well oiled standard 30shore tyres was going very well, the softer 15 shore tyres offer great grip but when they let go,it's a car flip, no chance to catch it.

Last night's runners.

McLaren ,standard tyres well oiled,smooth and quiet, but nowhere near enough grip on the twiddly bits due to the very narrow rear tyres.

333 Ferrari on 15 shore, middle ground runner.

Porsche Gt1 on well oiled 30 shore, just had the legs on the 333.

Toyota GT one,15 shore glued tyres, quicker than all the above.

Toyota GT one, 15 shore glued tyres and 25k motor, quicker than the other Toyota.

Porsche 911gt2, 15 shore tyres of unspecified make, not quite as quick as the 333.

A couple of Mercedes ran, one well sorted, one trying different tyres.

One club member has a Revo Toyota GT one body, 3dp plastic chassis and slot it motor mont/ flat six RS motor as an experiment for running in the club open/unlimited GT class, that ran a couple of times to try it out, obviously fastest overall, but not as fast as I would have expected, only .2 seconds quicker than a metal chassied 25k motored Revo.

All very interesting and very enjoyable, next planned running the last Wednesday in May.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Next planned Revoslotting night is Wednesday 25th May , at the moment all four of us are free, if Tony has a late call to miss we will slide back, if so it'll have to be two weeks as I'm in Le man's for that week.
Hope Terry W is recovered sufficiently fro his op to be able to join us.
The following run is planned for the last Wednesday in July, depending on any holiday issues.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Next planned Revoslotting night is Wednesday 27th July
As we are just running for fun this year,only five of us have one car or more,we allow all Revoslots,so I am hoping,but being prepared to be disappointed, the my Revo Alfa GTA is here by then.
No one else in our group seems to be planning a group 2 saloons purchase though.
Revos ,still Marmite

1 - 12 of 12 Posts