SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have Professor Motor controllers (2061) for my scalextric classic track--2 wire, no brakes. I really like them, but now that I am hard wiring my layout, I want to add a third (brake) wire to these controlers.

I would rather not have to buy a new set of controllers for reasons of expense and because my current ones have the polarity switch, which i like. (I am wiring the track to run either direction.)

The board on the controller looks like the other PM controllers in terms of basic connextions. It has the spot for the brake wire to go. I just don't know if the internal connections are there, or if there is some other issues to this circuit design.

It looks like the third wire could be easily soldered onto the controler board, but I dont want to wreck them by adding a feature they were not meant to have.

I emailed this question to the PM website twice over the past month with no response. Every dealer I ask directs me to the PM web site, but at this point I don't really expect a reply from the manufacturer. These are great controllers, so I don't want to give up on this. If this isn't possible to add the brake wire, then i will get the PM2056 "gold" controllers for $99 apiece, ouch.

thanks,
Richard Kiovsky

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I am really surprised to hear of the no reply from Professor Motor.
I have no direct experience, but everything I have ever read commends Andy extremly highly for his customer care.
I wonder if you have the amail address correct?
As you mention $$$, I wonder if you are in a position to telephone them direct?
It might be more effective.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I have read the same postive things about Andy and am as surprized as you.

I did leave a brief phone message and my return number about a week ago. I used the email from the site, which I also use to pay for stuff thru Pay Pal, so I'm pretty sure its correct. I have bought several hundred dollars worth of stuff from the site, although that shouldn't really matter.

I am about ready to sell the controllers and cough up the dough for new ones. I admit that I am frustrated with this situation, since it seems like a simple question, "can I add a brake wire to the 2061?" I'm not asking for a wiring lesson, just for some specs on the controllers.

kiov

1 - 3 of 3 Posts