SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day All,
We had a huge lightning strike the other day, and amongst all the things in the house and shed that are not working is my Rich G Lap Display.
I have tested the power suppply, which appears dead, but I'm unsure what to replace it with.
The one we were using rates it's output at 5 volts 3 amp
My questions are;
Do I need to replace it with another 5 volt supply, similar amps?
or
Can it run off the tracks power supply??
I've never had any instructions for this, and don't want to wreck it with the wrong power input.
Cheers
John

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
John,

Pretty sure it needs it's own power supply, the one I'm using has an output of 5v & 1 amp.

EDIT:
I just had a look at the PM RichG sent me when I bought my laptower and he included the following in relation the power supply;-

"You will also need a 5V PSU. I can supply or you can buy your own. (5 volt Regulated 1 Amp, standard 5mm x 2.1mm plug)"

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Billy_Cart @ 28 Oct 2011, 02:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>John,

Pretty sure it needs it's own power supply, the one I'm using has an output of 5v & 1 amp.

EDIT:
I just had a look at the PM RichG sent me when I bought my laptower and he included the following in relation the power supply;-

"You will also need a 5V PSU. I can supply or you can buy your own. (5 volt Regulated 1 Amp, standard 5mm x 2.1mm plug)"

Thanks,
That's what I needed, apart from a new 5 V supply.
Cheers
JOHN

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
QUOTE (Kennee @ 28 Oct 2011, 15:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's what I needed, apart from a new 5 V supply.

Sounds like the storm devilered some of what you have in your signature quote John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts