SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always looking for new accessories for my layout with "classic fifties look", I more or less stumbled over this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280898849308?ssP...984.m1439.l2649

After receiving the gooddies I can conclude they are some very fine and detailed figures. Especially the two seated figures will do a good job on my grand stands, since there always seems to be a lack of seated spectators. Over the years you really get tired of painting dozens of Scalextric F/306A and B, don´t you?

But I have never ever heard about Riggen Racing Equipment before. This set has article no. #RIG 9100. Are there more Riggen accessories out there to look for?

/Holger

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Nice figures but a bit expensive at £23.34 for six. £3.89 each with shipping. Have you tried the ones from China also on ebay, these work out much cheaper and are a good quality.

Athrlyth

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Athrlyth - what Chinese figures might that be? Can you give me a company name or anything else to do the eBay search on?

/Holger

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey Holger ,
I think he is talking about this figures : http://www.ebay.de/itm/F54-a-LGB-Spur-G-Se...=item4d01f5c123
This ones are 1/24 but I know the same design in 1/32 scale . And this is an auction from a german dealer . But I saw the same from a dealer in Hong Kong on german ebay . Painted and unpainted . Very cheap . But at the moment I can`t find the Hong Kong dealer , sorry

Greetz , Ralf

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ralf - kein Problem, danke.

To me they look like cheap Preiser copies. I can recognize almost any of them from my own layout, where I have more than a few original Preiser chaps walking and sitting around.

But of course a Chinese company name would be of some help.

/Holger

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CMOTD - thanks a lot, but without going into too much details I can just conclude that these Chinese guys and dolls are not for my layout.

Gentlemen - can we please go back to the Riggen question?

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ralf - I agree, and surely I have all the old Airfix and MRRC figures running around my track.

CMOTD - these are exactly the same versions as in my Riggen RIG 9100 kit. So maybe there are just these six different figures?

/Holger

·
Registered
851 Posts
Riggen was mainly known over here for brass chassis slot cars. They made 1/32 and HO, I know for sure, because I had them as a kid. Figured large in the "Brass Wars" of the 1970s. I had no idea they offered figures, though, thanks for posting. The high prce may be because of rarity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Holger,
As Datto says, Riggen was/is a US slot car company. Today it is all HO scale. Back in the 70's or so, (I'm not sure about the dates) they produced 1/32 plastic track from the old Strombecker molds. They also did some buildings, the only one I am sure about is/was the Strombecker pit garage. Until now I did not know that they did figures, but the figures you have are the same as the old Strombecker ones. I assume that Riggen got the figure molds too. Strombecker figures show up quite often on US e-bay. The quality is all in ones perspective! They are the first slot racing figures I ever had, but in my opinion they are not as good as Scalextric, Airfix, or Monogram. But they are different! And we are all looking for unique figures for our tracks, and these do fit for the 50's and 60's.
Jerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts