SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· One petunia in a field of onions
6,433 Posts
Just to add another penny to your equations. Don't forget the currency factor. The USD is available on the open exchange and therefore open to value fluctuations (that value is considerably down currently). The GBP is a fixed rate currency and does not fluctuate in value on the exchange market.

Embs

· One petunia in a field of onions
6,433 Posts
QUOTE (chris99 @ 25 Aug 2011, 03:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ember, GBP does fluctuate on the international exchange market as I know to my cost having moved to France when it was 1.50€ & now it's only worth 1.15€ today although it did go down lower

Btw weren't you once a trader or was that just for vegemite & koalas!

It does fluctuate but not to the same degree as the currencies that are on free float.

Trader support rather than trader. No licence.

As far as the variations in the price of goods goes, the same sort of thing happens everywhere.

At the moment I can by slot cars from the US or Britain and have them shipped to my doorstep for less than I can from a domestic retailer (even with AUD in super strong mode). Each time I make a purchase I have to weigh up the pros and cons of local or international purchase, and usually the local purchase wins even if it's a few dollars dearer. If I buy something I want it NOW! Domestic turnaround time is between 3 and 5 days. International 10 to 20. And certainly the price of shipping for aftermarket parts and spares means it's just not worth looking offshore.

Embs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.