SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Know its a bit last minute, but without giving too much away, I would appreciate advice on reproducing a circular red mark on a 1963 Honda F1.

This is for the Wolves F1 event, I need a Honda red circle !!.

Anyone help ??.

vbr Chris A.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When we were down to the last minute getting this car painted for the VRAA last year we used a 2 inch piece of masking tape to cover the already painted white nose that had a 10mm hole punched in the middle of it. We laid out the masking tape with the hole in the center of the body, rolled the tape around the nose and then shot it with some bright red paint. It took longer to find the hole punch than it took to paint it on.

·
Kitbasher
4,250 Posts
I have home made decals for the Honda V8 if you want them...

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
There is a tool you can get at art shops that is like a drawing compass but with a knife at the end. You can then make the red sun from a solid red decal sheet. The dot in the middle for the compass pin head will disappear.

This is how I made rondels for numbers (but in white of course)

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Bit basic I know.
But my two VIP Hondas were missing the red circle.
I simply used those little red sticky dots you buy from the Stationary Box.
Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ey Up Guys,

thanks for the hints and tips.

Lee. Can you do a couple for me please, as a last minute style back-up, cos I know you won't be at the club next week, and the event is on 19th/20th. !!.

Howmet. How does that work . Do you have to cut out the circle on its backing, then spray it, or does it "self-trim" when you soak it ?.

Peter. That sounds good. Does it include a 10mm red disc ?.

Slots-o-Fun. OK, but from where does one get a solid red decal sheet ??.

The 10mm comes from the Model Cars Prototype Parade No 230, in December 1966 issue !!.

vbr Chris A.

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
You can get a sheet of clear decal paper from a hobby shop. Make a red block in a document using powerpoint, word etc. Print it out on a colour printer and start scribing out circles.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey,

Thanks Slots-o-Fun.

I reckon you were stating the obvious there, which I had mis-understood !!.

Mea Culpa.

Will try that.

vbr Chris A.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hey Peter,

yes they are good, are they on transfer paper, can you send me a sheet, pretty please, couple of pints sort of thing !!.

vbr Chris A.

ps; I've saved the image to HDD, will try to print out tomorrow. Many thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts