SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I love road going cars way more than racing liveries.
To my eyes racing liveries can be so visually arresting that they ruin the elegant lines of the car underneath.

Here's some of my favourite road going cars, I'd love to see yours too.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
I only have one as well, but it's nice.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Ooh. Some yummy and interesting cars there already. Will certainly add some when I have a chance.

Love road cars for exactly the reasons stated.

Embs

·
David H
3,795 Posts
I've got many hundreds of cars, but only two that can be classified as road going; a Scalextric Mercedes SLR McLaren 722 that came (unwanted) as part of a boxed set, and this, a Carrera hot rod with a door number that is decorative rather than serving a competitive purpose. For me, road going cars hold no interest whatsoever as my enjoyment comes from racing, but I realise that a significant (and to me, surprising) number of users prefer road going models. I guess their popularity mirrors the huge popularity of track days, where drivers can enjoy themselves without the fear of a competitive element. To each his own, and anything that keeps slot manufacturers in business is fine by me.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Toy

Attachments

·
6,455 Posts
The first few...

Scalex Anniversary Mini and BMW Mini in background (I also have a red one)

The Pioneer Assassin Charger with the Bullitt Mustang in the background.

A pair of PinKar Bugs.

Ninco Classics

The Pioneer Bengal

More to come...

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some lovely cars Ember, and the photos are a real treat. I would love a Bengal tiger, are they still available anywhere?
Dopamine... The numbers might be decorative, and the sponsors might not be paying for placement, but that car's still spoiled by the visual clutter!

A couple more:

Cheers,
Richard

·
6,455 Posts
Richard, the Bengals are still available around the traps down here. Probably elsewhere too. They were on special a little while ago.

Nice to see someone else with the Aeromax. Saves me dragging it down from the top shelf.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Here are some of mine (soon to be sold).

Couple of HPI Racing slot cars.

·
6,455 Posts
Always intended to get some of those HPI Skylines, but never got around to it when I had the money to spend.

Some more from the collection....

A much loved and bashed about Merc. It was my first slot car. The set cars were allocated to His Lordship's sons.

What could one title this photo but "Caterham Corner"

An absolutely gorgeous car. Even better than the Bengal.

The newest addition.

Hard to think there's only four years between these two. Might as well be light years stylistically speaking.

But wait... There's more....

·
6,455 Posts
Never forgotten, G. Not possible hon. I'm liking that pale yellow more and more.

And some more....

This was my first ever 're-personality.' It started it's life as an SCX Citroen C2 rally car. Added skirts, front splitter, "neons" and changed driver.

And my first kit bash. A Lindberg kit on a PCS32 chassis.

And still there are more....

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there all...

A fantastic collection of road cars to all...

Graham... Like Ember, I think the primrose coloured Aston looks outstanding, excellent work..

Embs.. Your cars look extra nice on your track, great photos. I especially like the Pioneer Bengal Charger and the Pioneer cherry red Charger.
Great thread, keep the photos coming.

I will post some of my own road slotcar photos, over the next few days..

Hope you all have a great New Year..

All the best.. Martin.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts