SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,084 Posts
hi Dave,
You have the old track looking very good, looks like a re-paint in something suitable has taken place. Thanks for the pictures, really looking forward to running on it at your Classic meeting in a couple of weeks. When you have had a chance to race on it, just let us know if we need to 'shorten' the gearing a tooth. The straight does look a lot shorter than before.
Cheers Bill.

· Registered
4,084 Posts
John/Dave.
Thanks for the comments. My recollection of the 'Old' track was the section you have shortend, the straight under the bridge down hill was the longest straight on the circuit. I may be mistaken, but it always felt a longer section than what you guys call the 'main' straight.
Cheers Bill.

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Mick/ all at Rockingham SCC
Thanks for a great first 'Classic' event at your fantastic new home. The new facility is a credit to you and all your clubmembers who have done a tremendous amount of work to get the clubroom to such a high standard. It now stands comparison with the best clubs in the Country.
Really enjoyed the day, great racing against Phil,Eddie, John, and Mick L for the bragging rights of 'best visitor', just pipped my good friend Phil...driving my models!
Pleased to have got a place in the GP Concours, the BRM has now achieved success in both racing and concours.
Two small issues; why did the truspeeds play up on the day? I don't recall any problems at the 'old' club...very odd.
The track needs Matt to use a bit more 'elbow grease' with the rubbing down of the sand in the sandtex finnish...NSR tyre life will not be great until this is done!!
All in all, well done on a super new Club, I wish Rockingham SCC all the best for the future and can't wait till my next visit, Double Trouble next year.
Kind Regards Bill.
P.S. look forward to the full results!

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Hi Mick.
Thanks for posting the full results, much appreciated.
I know can be a bit of a bore to get it all typed out, but it does finish the thread off nicely.
Quite pleased with 4th O/A, but just beaten by Mick L for top visitor...must try harder next year with a new saloon to get a better concours vote.
Regards and thanks,
Bill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.