SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
David Farrow
1,280 Posts
Hi Everyone, just a quick update on the Proxi side of this event. As of todays date I have had 0 entry's, none , zero. There is either one of two maybe more expiations to this :-
1. I am being sent messages and I am not getting them
2. nobody want to enter.

If anyone want to enter please use my email, [email protected].

Then I will give you my address to send your entries.

The entry is the same as if you were there, but your car will be raced by one of us on your behalf. your car or cars will be entered into concourse just the same and your score will be amalgamated into the overall scores for the event.

This is a wonderful event and attracts some of the best racers and builders.

·
David Farrow
1,280 Posts
I wouldn't want to think this is anyway excusive, we let anyone and everyone in, it attracts a wide and diverse range of builders and racer's, how's that,

·
David Farrow
1,280 Posts
Looking forward to this event, I have talked Angela into provoding lunch and I will be doing the traditional bacon rolls in the morning,

Reactions: justDave

·
David Farrow
1,280 Posts
Quick update on how things are going.

Yes we are following government guidelines where masks are having to be worn unless you are medically exempt. As things stand we are going ahead with the meeting, This event has always had a consideration the weather may cause cancelation and now it looks like this may extend to this pesky virus. Personally, I don't have a problem wearing masks but I do understand others do. I have been told some find it much better and can manage if they take a break every hour for 5 or 10 minutes. Each race is only 3minutes x 4 lanes so not too long. We have a supply of FP3 masks that fit closely and vent to the front and don't seem to fog up spectacles. If none of this works for you I do understand but I doubt if the guidelines will change any time soon, I hope they do but we have to be realistic. If you have cars ready for the event you can send them to us as we are still happy to accept proxy entries. I trust we will have a good event as there are many that are still coming. If you feel you are unable to attend then please let either Mick or me know by PM as we would like to have some idea on numbers. Wishing you all the very best and hopping we all get back to racing soon.

Reactions: Jeff Norton

·
David Farrow
1,280 Posts
Its time to get ready for the Winter classic as I will need to up my game if I am to beat M ick. We have some fast racers at the club and many visitors that are capable of winning and my previous race cars just are not quick enough.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

The Talbot dates back to the race at Brooklands, the Lola T160 is on an old Demon chassis with a slush cast from a Riko body. The BRM P160 started life as a Scalex car.

Motor vehicle Combat vehicle Automotive tire Self-propelled artillery Tank

So Obviously some work to do..

·
David Farrow
1,280 Posts
Hi Andy, sorry to here you have gone down with it but we are still 3 weeks away, I hope you get better real quick and it would be good to see you there.

Reactions: conti_rowland

·
David Farrow
1,280 Posts
Its with a huge amount of sadness that I have to tell you that Farrow catering wont be there, sorry Gary, I am grounded. Having to wait from November 2019 and having two dates canceled, last Wednesday I was given a date for my operation of the 14th. I didn't thing it was going to happen even up to the time I was sitting in the hospital yesterday but here I am in stitches. Sorry guys,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts