SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
1,488 Posts
DHORC returns to the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) meeting at Rockingham Motor Speedway on 23 September 2012 for the third consecutive year.

This year it will be in a different guise. Normally we are there as family fun for the BTCC fans. However this time Snap-on, the tool company, one of the sponsors of BTCC Championship leaders Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden's Honda team, contacted us to build an eight lane circuit for their corporate guests.

Cheers
Nick Sismey

1,488 Posts
Saturday 22 September 2012

It was a glorious evening when we arrived at Rockingham Motor Speedway at 5pm

We were setting up a track for Snap-on in the Apollo Suite

Below the suite was one of the Team Honda cars that Snap-on sponsor

With the suite situated on the first floor it gave us unbroken views of the Rockingham circuit

Paul Levers, James Mellor, Phil Rees and I soon built up an eight lane circuit in the room provided…

…which was just part of a vast corporate suite that Snap-on had really gone to town on…

….including plenty of sweets for children of all ages!

We were looking forward to the next day

Cheers
Nick

1,488 Posts
Sunday 23 September 2012

Alan Bullock was already waiting for us at Rockingham at 8am when Paul, James, Phil and I arrived, having stayed overnight at my mothers in Lincolnshire 30 mins from the circuit. The car park was already filling up by the time we reached the suite…

….for Rockingham's biggest meeting of the year, the British Touring Car Championship

The track was tested again to make sure all was as it should be………

…and cars prepared

As the crowds poured in outside……

….racing started in earnest inside.

Slot car racing reduced a little while the first of three Touring car races got under way

The suite was full most of the day particularly as the heavens opened around 2pm

Isaac Carter beat all (including the Adults) to the Slot Car trophy

BTCC Championship leading Honda drivers Matt Neal (right) and Gordon Shedden (with friends!), who took a win a piece during the day, visited the suite and after being interviewed had a one minute race on our track, Neal taking the win from one of the pit girls, Gordon in third!

Hands up who didn't look at Matt and Gordon first in this shot!

We were able to watch the whole of the last BTCC race from the suite…

….before a team shot and packing away.

This has to go down as one of the best corporate days DHORC has been involved in with free food and drink, outstanding views and having the top two BTCC Championship leaders race on our track. Thanks to Alan, James, Paul and Phil for their support for what was a wonderful weekend.

Thanks must also go to Snap-on for inviting us

Cheers
Nick

1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Doug, was certainly fun! I remember your event, unfortunatley I wasn't able to make it, were there any photo's taken at the time?

Cheers
Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts