SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Great looking website, David. Uncomplicated and nicely laid out.

Who built that superb spring-steel Tottenham car?

Kind regards,

Russell

·
David Collins
2,365 Posts
Thanks for the complements Russell - it's just a thinly revised version of the Wellingborough site. I'll revise it further as we get all our tracks up and running again.

The chassis is **** Kerr's, as you might expect. I think he has a couple of them from back in the day. See you at Presto! (By the way, I'm sure **** would bring his cars up if you wanted to see them.

David

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
Hi David

Good stuff. Love the typeface, maybe we could use it to make a flyer and a new club logo.

see you soon

Davis Farrow

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Well done Dave.
I'm sure no one really understands how much work you put into the Club and CSCRA sites so I would like to put on record just how much we appreciate it.
Can you email me a copy of the font you used please so I can use it on all our posters and results pages?
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
QUOTE Russell Sheldon Posted Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Who built that superb spring-steel Tottenham car?
Hi Russell,
Yes it is one of mine.
I built two of them for myself and Stan Alton to race at Tottenham and Nordic Park in 1969.
They are actually made with mild steel braced with piano wire and one of them still gets raced regularly at our Tottenham Retro events.
Cheers.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Looks very nice, ****. You should enter it in the 1/24th Vintage race at Presto on the Saturday.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Great work on the site Dave, I can only echo what **** said.

Hi Russell, unfortunately ****'s Tottenham car isn't eligible for the Presto meeting as it represents an era after the one we're aiming for.

Cheers

John

·
David Collins
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've updated the website with the new logo, a new Events page for promotion of our open meetings, corrected outdated links, and the calendar is now (I think) accurate to Christmas.

The calendar page is not displaying the new logo or the correct header for some reason - I am working on it...

David

·
David Collins
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The RSCC website has been updated - all the championship results and standings for 2012 on the Scalex and Raceway tracks are now up on the About page.

I've also split out the historical information on the club from the About page into a new History page to keep the pages more easily viewable. Anyone who has any older pictures (in any format, print, neg or digital) or any other information that would be useful for this page, please let me know.

David

·
David Collins
2,365 Posts
The Rockingham website has had a substantial update. New pages for the Raceway, Scalex and SlotStox tracks replace the Cars, Classes and Tracks pages. This puts all the information about each track - such as classes, champions, lap records, etc. on the specific track page.

The Events page now lists all the Open Events we run during the year - the next upcoming event will be promoted on the front page of the site.

The class rules for the Raceway and Scalex tracks have also been updated.

David

PS As usual, if you find any errors or omissions, please let me know.

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
Hi Dave
Fantastic site. I will take some up to date pictures of the slot-stocks this week.
David Farrow

·
David Collins
2,365 Posts
Yes Sir, Mr Chairman. That aformentioned work was dutifully done this weekend in anticipation of your disapprobation. However, I must confess (and to manage expectations for this coming Thursday) that I unfortunately have no idea of whether this work will have been successful - which is why I really should sort out the rebuilding of my home track...

I have, however sorted out the glitches in the website - no doubt arising as a result of other inadequacies of mine.

I remain Sirs, in all things slot-related, your humble servant,

David

PS Must stop reading Jane Austen!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts