SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
THX for the compliment Gio, off course when you plan to travel 1500km for a race...you do want to come well prepared.
And the whole thing still might be over in one very unlucky crash. But I do hope we've got most obvious failure points covered by now.

I was also sort of hoping that my posts on our cars would inspire/ trigger the rest of the teams to post "something" on their cars. As the pre race banter can contribute a lot to the total fun of the event.
Nik has been very consistent in posting entry lists and program updates but besides a general class indication...
...so far very little info on who will be running what has become available...
...other than some clues here and there and stuff I picked up in the Grapevine.

So here's an "On official" update of what will most likely be seen on the grid in 9 days.

1. Garage 27/ ID 17/ LMGTE / Ford GTLM "Wynns" (Carrera/ Prospeed?)
2. Exiles / ID 8 / LMGTE / Ford GTLM "Works" (Scalex?Carrera/ Prospeed?)
3. SportsCarazing / ID 7 / LMP but still undecided LMP1 or LMP2 / Car could be "old" Pescarolo or Audi R18?
4. Mission 8 LLR / ID 14 / LMGTE / BMW M8 GTLM #24 RLL (SV Workz/Prospeed)
5. North Staffs / ID 19 / LMGTE / Mr Maddock prepping yet another SRT Viper (Scaleauto)
6. South Coast Monkeys / ID 6/ Could run their victorious BA F458 again...or build something new
7. Chimera Model Sport / ID 13 / LMGTE / Ford GTLM "Works" (Scalex/ Prospeed)
8. Demon Slot Racing / ID 12 / LMGTE/ Corvette C7R (NSR or Scaleauto?)
9. Acura LLR / ID 9 / LMP1 / Acura "Highcroft racing" (Ninco/ Olifer/ Prospeed)
10. Rockingham / ID 5 / LMGTE / Porsche 911 GT3 (Scalex? Scaleauto?)

Teams are more than welcome to add to and/or correct this "on official" list, pictures most welcome 😇

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hi Everybody ("Hi Dr. Nik" shout all the Simpsons fans out there), thanks for giving some detail there Tamar, I haven't given any information of this kind simply because some Teams have not yet told me what they plan to use. Most of it is correct at this time, some of it is pure hearsay and speculation but that's half the fun isn't it?
Anyhoo, below is roughly what will be said in the Driver's briefing, I thought if I post it now then it matters not if some of you aren't at RSCC to hear it.

1. Can Teams please have their firmware and chosen/given ID numbers set before they arrive at RSCC if possible.

2. Firmware...B2 and C Chips....V3.15a (Aware that there is now V3.15c but we are using V3.15a)
SCP2 Controller...V3.04

3. Pit Stops and Repairs...Unless your car is undriveably crippled it must enter and leave the racing circuit from the Pit Lane.

4. Tyres...Each Team will receive 2 pairs of N18's and 1 pair of F22's. You do not have to use all 3 sets of tyres.
You DO NOT have to use both compounds it just causes confusion. Only G25 compound from January 2022.

5. Motors...Each Team will receive 1 handout motor according to which type they have requested.
The only permitted modification is the shortening of the motor armature shaft if required.

6. Tech Inspection...Any decisions made by the Tech Inspectors are final.

7. Driver Coaching/Spotting...It's up to the Guy with the controller in his hand to navigate the racing circuit.
Coaching creates unnecssary distractions to other drivers.
Penalties will be handed to any Team deemed to be coaching/spotting for their driver, this applies in ALL SESSIONS.

8. Driving Standards...Penalties will be handed to Teams deemed to be causing unnecssary collisions or intentionally blocking another car.

9. Penalties...A 3 Strike system will be in place during the weekend. Incidents should be reported to Race Control who will keep track of repeat offenders.
3 Strikes will earn a 10sec Stop and Go Penalty. Another 3 strikes = 20secs. Another 3 strikes = 30secs. Etc.
A "Stop and Go" means you enter the pits, STOP, be stationary for the time your penalty has earned your Team before you leave the pit.
Race Director's decision is final.

10. Marshalling Points...As with the 6hr at the end of July, each Team will be allocated a corner to marshall.
We think this system worked well and stops the confusion of who's marshalling where.
Your allocated marshalling point should be manned at all times, if you need to leave for whatever reason please get someone to cover it until you return.

11. Please do your best to not shout at the Marshalls. It's not their fault you came out of the slot.

Any questions on the above please ask.
Cheers.
Nik.

Reactions: tamar.nelwan

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
All clear (Dr) Nik, thanks for the update.
Only question I have concerns item 10 on your list.
With some Marshalling positions @ R'ham way more comfortable than others....will you rotate Marshalling positions?
Doesn't have to be every hour, but maybe rotated each 2 hrs?

With kind regards
Tamar

p.s.:
If no rotation, how much for the very comfortable Marshalling post at the 2nd corner after the start finish line?😘

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,146 Posts
6. South Coast Monkeys / ID 6/ Could run their victorious BA F458 again...or build something new
Teams are more than welcome to add to and/or correct this "on official" list, pictures most welcome 😇
With kind regards
Tamar
No chance that the Monkey BlackArrow will appear for this event.
The way we run the team is that we each have the option to build prospective cars then test them at the track.
We democratically select the preferred car on the day.
So the car will be either Graham Eldridges build or Mark Longs 's build, both of which are new builds.
Not even sure we know whether it's GT or LMP at this point so will probably need to reserve an MX16 and a FlatSix.

I'm opting out of building a car because I need to improve my driving instead of focusing on the tech and team management. :rolleyes:

Alan (see no evil)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
All Teams / Drivers, below is the Final Timetable for next weekends Event.
Sunday morning will require us all to be on time to ensure we get started and finished on time and get you all away home at a reasonable hour. We'll be flexible where we can and appreciate your cooperation with the following...
Saturday.
08.00 Doors Open
08.45 Welcome and Driver Briefing
09.00 Track Opens for 6 1/2hrs of Free Practice
15.30 Track Closes for Issue and Fitting of Handout Parts
16.00 Qualifying and Tech Inspection
17.30 Track Closes / Parc Fermé Bodies Off
17.45 Qualifying Results
18.00 Club Closes

Sunday.
08.00 Doors Open
08.15 Driver Briefing
08.30 Warm Up
09.00 Track Closed / Parc Fermé
09.20 Cars to the Grid / Team Rostrum Positions
09.30 Start of 8 Hours of "Trés Petit Le Mans"
17.30 Race Finish and Award Ceremony
18.00 Track Breakdown

Cheers.
Nik.

Reactions: Bentley

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Attention Team Captains, a change in Government guidance today states that for Indoor Gatherings, especially those where there may be poor ventilation, ALL ATTENDEES should do a Lateral Flow Test before going to the gathering.
If you could please make sure all of your respective Team Members do a LFT it would be greatly appreciated.
It goes without saying that anyone who tests positive should not attend the event.
Thankyou for your cooperation.
Cheers.
Nik.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
So the big question is....does the organization trust everybody on their "word"....to comply with this testing procedure?
How will the organization verify that the attendee has done an LFT and tested negative?

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Matt Tucker
3,560 Posts
For those where lft is not part of your routine and you are unsure how to get them (the are free to order from the govt currently) I will supply a box of lft tests and place them outside the club entrance. It's a 20 min test and will guide anyone unsure how to use them.
Matt

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So the big question is....does the organization trust everybody on their "word"....to comply with this testing procedure?
Short answer...yes we trust anyone attending not to be selfish and test the day before the event.
If anybody wants to wait until they get to the venue before doing a test that's up to them but if they test positive then they've wasted time and money getting there to be then refused entry.
We will not enforce testing at the club before you enter it's just not going to happen as it isn't a Government request / requirement, it's simply their advice. Tests will be available for those who wish to do one before entering RSCC. We're all adults (playing with toy cars) and I find it hard to believe that after all the delays and enforcements of recent times that people would not do this simple thing to ensure we're all as safe as we can be.
Mask wearing is optional, anyone who feels more comfortable with a face covering may wear one without fear of ridicule or childish comments.
Cheers.
Nik.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Hey Nik, no problem here. We'll do our LFT before departing to UK on Friday evening.
Who ever gets a positive test will have to stay @ home.
Would be ludicrous and disrespectful to all attending this event if one would just say...sod it...I'm still going.

Put it down to us being non native English speakers that its hard to distinguish the line between "should do" and "must do"

So... remaining positive and hoping for a negative...when I stuff the Q-tip up my nose on Friday.

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
We've been informed of this strange British procedure, but the Dutch find it much easier (and cheaper as you don't need these extremely long Q-tips) to take the short route to our nasal cavities.

Ok on a more serious note, had to perform the Dutch method for self testing tonight as this late afternoon I got a call from Stefan Kievit. He won't be able to come to the UK cause his wife just got her recent PCR test result...and it was positive.
So instead of boarding the Chunnel, he'll be entering Self Quarantaine.

My Q-tip was clean, negative test result, and although Stefan thinks his wife most likely caught the virus after our last joint test session...I will be sticking Q-tips up my nose all the way to Rockingham.

With kind regards
Tamar

41 - 60 of 78 Posts