SlotForum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,289 Posts
Due to a colleague's cavalier attitude late last week, myself and my work team have been swabbing every day. Apart from the one who gags like he's had ten pints too many, the rest of use are getting slicker than Linda Lovelace. 100% negative tests so far, but of course, common sense and duty to the other racers means we will keep testing.

...and as Red Dragon actually have their car ready, my money is on them leaving it in Llantrisant and having to turn around to get it. Question is, how far do they get before remembering?

See you Saturday folks (fingers crossed).

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,146 Posts
2. Firmware...B2 and C Chips....V3.15a (Aware that there is now V3.15c but we are using V3.15a)
I cannot find 3.15a on the slot.it site.
The firmware "all devices" tab downloads "firmware-latest.zip" shows "boot_CARB1_3_01" 01 as the latest

3.15b shows as available under "b2 and type c in car" menu, but "requires app and activation"

Is 3.15 possible using bootloader?

Alan[/QUOTE]

·
ParrotGod
9,292 Posts
I cannot find 3.15a on the slot.it site.
The firmware "all devices" tab downloads "firmware-latest.zip" shows "boot_CARB1_3_01" 01 as the latest

3.15b shows as available under "b2 and type c in car" menu, but "requires app and activation"

Is 3.15 possible using bootloader?

Alan
[/QUOTE]
I might be wrong on this Alan, but any firmware that is not the stock one (already in the chip from factory) would require chip registration and activation.

·
Gary Skipp
6,536 Posts
Alan, in your all files download 315 will be a zip file. There should be a readme in the all files download that identifies what each file within the folder does.

You will need the app to load 315 onto a car because it needs to be registered.

*edited for a typo

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Brief un official update from R'ham Saturday's afternoon Qaulification:

1 Rockingham Acura LMP1 11.97
2 Chimera Ford GTLM 12.03
3 SportsCarazing Pescarolo LMP2 12.23?

Mission8 with SV8 GTE 12.41

View attachment 287654
"Tres Petit Le Mans" track this morning at 08:00 hrs (image Matt Tucker)
Official Qualifications 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hi everyone, here are the Final results from our 8hr Très Petit Le Mans event. LMP1 winners Rockingham, LMP2 winners Sportscarazing and GT and Overall winners Exiles. As John commented it was pretty Baltic over the weekend and we hope you all made it home safely. We were immensely pleased that the Mission8 LLR crew made it all the way from Holland. Well done everybody we hope to see you all in 2022 for more digital shenanigans.
Cheers
Nik

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Hello Slotfriends, a big thank you also from Dutch Gouda.
Baltic conditions luckily restricted to northern France and West coats Belgium.
Track conditions there abismal..was av very heavy last "stint" in the dark indeed.
But after that clear running to the finish in Gouda. Crossed the line almost exactly 48 hrs since departure on Saturday morning.

As for the 1st edition of the "Tres Petit Le Mans" event @ Rockingham.

Great effort from Nik, Nick and John (U) taking over the organisation "Flame" previously carried by Matt & Adam.
And everybody else that has supported and made the first "Tres Petit Le Mans" a succesfull event. This race deserved a much warmer welcome (fig and literally) by O2 community
Great Track and Venue.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Cars on their formation lap about to start their 8hrs "Tres Petit Le Mans"

Track looked wonderful in the dark with just the right amount of track lighting.
For most of the race 3-4 teams in the hunt for the win.
Great to see the ongoing battles between LMP and GT's, at times extremely closely matched on speed and stability.
With a race finish "Hollywood" couldn't have scripted better.

Building House Asphalt Mode of transport Automotive exterior

Exiles 3DP Morpheus Ford GTLM cornering hard passing SE Monkeys Audi R18

So congratulations to Exiles for winning this one and Rockingham coming 2nd just 5 laps behind.What can I say other than "Noblesse oblige" for both of them ;)

Chimera finishing 3rd, on their 2nd outing as a team, shows they can become a force to be reckoned with.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Personally I think that every team managed to unlock most of the potential that their team had.
With maybe two exceptions. I.m.o Garage 27 rising above it with a very stable (final?) run with their lovely Wynns liveried Ford GT. 👍 👍 👍

And Sports Carazing who showed that LMP2 is alive and kicking, at one time even leading the race...but unable to stop the string of un fortunate incidents that have kept the team from doing better for some time now.:oops:
Building Vehicle House Asphalt Boat

SportsCarazing Peascarolo still on pace, leading the race but chances for a good result dimmed (literally) as lights went out.

I had an absolute great weekend, enjoyed every minute of it, the good the bad & the ugly (weather) 😉.
More detailed report of the Trials& Tribulations of the LLR prepared cars (Acura and SV8 GTE) will, be posted here on SF ...later 😇
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

LLR prepped Acura LMP1 and SV8GTE GT-LM post race, some battle scars here and there, but still ready to rumble

Can't wait to rumble again at Rockingham....2nd edition of a "Tres Petit Le Mans"?... bring it on 👍👍👍

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Gary Skipp
6,536 Posts
Thanks to Nik, John and the Rockingham crew for hosting us this weekend. Despite our o2 chip cap making a bid for freedom (again) and costing Sports Carazing a result, I throughly enjoyed myself over the two days.

Great to see the event well supported in spite of the various difficulties costing teams drivers. It’s good to be back among friends.

I’d also like to congratulate the organising team for the track performance which was flawless for the duration. Few lumps and bumps but the power delivery was excellent throughout.

An excellent mood setter as the DiSCA crowd looks toward Eindhoven in January..

Well done to Mr Underwood and White for another victory!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts