SlotForum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
If I had damage like that (that was 'only cosmetic'...) I would, at the very least, need a lie down...

Looking forward to your observations Tamar and WELL DONE to everyone who organised and participated at the event!

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
(Post) Race data
As some of you may know I keep data of (most of) all events run according to DiSCA Rules.
The main reason is to keep track of the results and how they reflect on the division and performance of the 3 classes used in the DiSCA WEC rules.
So far i.m.o, including the results from last weekends "Tres Petit Le Mans" @ Rockingham, the system seems to function perfectly. Top Tier class on performance still is LMP1 even though final race results may not always show this.
Second Tier are still GTLM and LMP2, performance translated in fast lap times extremely closely matched and overall wins possible the moment LMP1 lets its guard down.

But there are other things that can be deduced from the race data, one of them I would like to highlight here.
And that is a big salute to the efforts the Rockingham crew have taken to give the track a thorough cleaning and once over prior to last weekend's race.

As reported by others, power and grip were excellent for the whole duration of the race.
The result: compared to last summer's 6hr GT race, a 9 lap increase for the average number of laps per hour.
Fastest laptime for GT improved more than 1,3 sec

So a big thumbs up for the Rockingham crew...well done...thank you...all you need to improve...
...is scoring a few more boxes of Ninco track clips ;)

With kind regards
Tamar

Rectangle Material property Parallel Font Pattern

·
ParrotGod
9,868 Posts
A small side note: I know that is a given nowadays to take technology for granted, but a big shout out should go to Maurizio and his team at slot.it for keeping up the good work with oXigen - without oXigen these races would be in a very different format, if any at all!
Anyway, I love DiSCA racing and the overall environment. I have never been to one of the DiSCA events organized by Rockingham but it is on my todo list.
Cheers everyone for organizing the event, participating and sharing some data with us stuck at the end of the world...;-)

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
A farewell to Arms
Nobody paid any attention to it, but last weekend's "tres petit" was also the last DiSCA ruled race run on F22 and N18.
F22 long hailed as "best compound for Ninco" and indeed many pole's and fastest laps in the past DiSCA decade have been done on F22.
The N18 however...you either hated them, or loved them. Started with the first, ended up in the last group.

Goodbye F22, Farewell N18..you both served us well in the past decade.

From now on it will be G25, me thinks nobody will hate those 👍

With kind regards
Tamar

p.s. Hey guys...nobody else took pictures they care to share here? Only on fart book? 🤪

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Wow, can't believe its been almost a week ago since we left for R'ham...took me the whole week to recover.
So memory cells slowly staring to refire, filling in the blank gaps.
Like where did that missing set of wheels go I was sure I had..taken out of the Mission8 race box...
..I didn't...take them back out of the Race box...so Nik, Nick or any other R'ham member...please Check our racebox and give them to some one that will be able to bring them over to Best in Januari

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Correct, Chimera, Mission8 (and Rockingham) all running on same type wheels.
During a talk with Wayne this week he told me he had forgotten to take his wheels out of the race box...
...which triggered my memory cells to refire and realize that I'd made the same mistake :giggle:

2 options to resolve this
  • Stuff 2 sets in enveloppe and send to Wayne
  • Bring them over when you come to Best in Januari
With kind regards
Tamar

·
ParrotGod
9,868 Posts
Nice that you remember them Tamar!

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,225 Posts
Goodbye F22, Farewell N18..you both served us well in the past decade.
From now on it will be G25, me thinks nobody will hate those 👍
Tamar,
I won't be blogging the SCMonkey participation at petit leMans but I can share some learnings.
LMP cars appear much harder on their tyres than the gt cars, Probably due to the extra torque and weight of the flatsix anglewinder.
Pics to come later. (Mark has the car right now)
On the slot.it Audi, We ripped all 3 sets of tyres to pieces during the event, whereas we've previously run one set of f22s for a whole six hours on the gas monkey blackarrow ferrari, Despite the increased minimum weight for the gt class.
However, the class winning Rockingham lmp was nowhere near as hard on the tyres at the event.
The gas monkey lmp Oreca was also very hard on its tyres in previous events.

My testing of g25 leads me to think that they're much better than f22 and n18 in every respect.
Running 8 hours without a tyre change (using g25) might well be possible on a gt car.
Maurizio mentioned that slot.it were going to release a compound specifically for the policar track at Gaydon 2019.
G25 has to be the realisation of that tyre...

Alan.

·
ParrotGod
9,868 Posts
Alan, are you sure that is not some body rubbing that you are seeing on your audi?

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,225 Posts
When you see the tyres, you'll see that it is just straight wear, no body rub.
The central contact surfaces are where the wear occurred.
I'll post pics as soon as I can
Alan

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,334 Posts
So farewell then….

N18 and F22,

Slot cars, fast on Ninco,

Is what you used to do.

Consigned to life

As crash barriers

Or cut off rims with a knife

G25 you are a stranger to most

we will love you

Like marmite on toast

But like Keith’s mother

I am acquainted with all rubber

EJ Thribb (17 ½)

·
ParrotGod
9,868 Posts
Martyn, I did not know that you were the poet-in-residence at SF.

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,225 Posts
I promised a pic of the back end of the SCMONKEY car to show clearly how much we struggled with tyres during the event.
Don't think I can do better than this pic. 3 sets of tyres, destroyed.
This pic shows the tyres exactly as they came off (fell off) the car at the 8 hour point.
Clearly , setting up for a flatsix is a completely different ballgame to our gasmonkey BA ferrari GT car :cautious:🔫
The GasMonkey black arrow did 6 hours on a single set of f22 at previous event.:unsure:

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Wood

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Doesn't look too good Alan

What gearing did you use? The suspension looks quite compressed and the spring itself seems thick?
Assume nothing inside the body that could of been rubbing on them

We scrubbed a set of n18 on hubs and used the F22 for qualifying. We only did 100 laps. We changed about 5hrs in.
They were worn but would have done another hour or two. About a tenth or two of a second in lap times, F22 slightly quicker for us

John

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,225 Posts
Part of the problem was he offset mount.
Once the chassis started to bottom out, we were just grinding the tyres away.
The tape on the hubs was to get us an extra 1/2 mm radius to be able to finish the race.

Springs are black arrow whites under very little compression. Just enough to bite the spring plus 1 turn.
We started on reds but the handling was dreadful so we stopped mid race to swap them out. We changed mindset from "here to race" to "let's test this new car" on Saturday so throwing away laps to make changes during the race didn't concern us.
Gearing was 13 27 which seemed about right comparing acceleration and top end against other cars on the day.
Cornering was our weak point.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts