Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is that time of year again, Christmas is just round the corner and Rockingham Slot Car Club are putting on their slot car extravaganza.

On Friday 29th December everyone is invited to come and join us at our free annual event.

All we ask is for you to bring good will, cheer and mince pies (other food and beverages welcomed!) and we will supply all the cars. Happy for you to use your own controllers although the club does have a number available.

We will be running Ninco Mercs on our scale track, NASCARs on the oval and our club falcon powered saloons on the raceway. You will be having a go at all of them.

A great late afternoon (we start at 5pm) and evening, put it in your diary.

Attachments

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick write up of the day.

Gavin Wills hosted a team 2 1/2 HR race with Genesis chassis BSCRA cars, with enforced motor change during race time. 10 teams entered with the Rockingham (Gavin Wills, James Cleave and Terry Foster) taking the win. Teams from Skyline, Leicester, Luton along with local Rockingham >60's, Clan Kerr and Clemens took part. Great event, and the cars worked and raced brilliantly - the only cost £60 and you only need to solder in the oilite bearings and you are good to race.

After that event finished we started our Xmas bash. 30 people joined in, everyone racing the same cars with the same controllers. We raced Ninco Mercs on the scale track, club cars in the raceway and a SCX Citroen on the rally track.

The scale track consisted on 2 mins racing on each lane, I took the win beating **** Kerr by 1 section, John Underwood by 6 sections and 12 sections from James Cleave.

The raceway saw a dominant performance by James Cleave who won by 10 laps from myself and then **** Kerr.

The rally track saw myself take the win from James Cleave and then John Underwood.

That led to an overall evening win for myself from James Cleave and then John Underwood.

Great event, lots of youngsters, hopefully get some of them hooked and demanding a Scalextric set from there parents.

Thanks to everyone whom made the event and see you next year

1 - 2 of 2 Posts