SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks very much Don....a terrific set of pictures...maybe next year!
What is going on with the two crown gears under the E type Jag at the beginning of post #13?
Mark

·
Administrator
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ah good questions - and one of my own!

Thanks Eddie, is the Scaleauto track also magnetic?

The Ford J is a 1/24 Strombecker, Richard, not one of the easier ones to find. The racing is still pretty fierce Richard, after all, we're in Italy!

Mark, the E Type is a Varney, which came with the two crown gears. First time I've seen one of these actually run. It was a clever system, with a lock-guide and a wide track so it could swing around. But the motor came with a 5-year guarantee - and the speed reflects that!

Don

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
Thank you Don for the report and pictures, it was an excellent weekend and now roll on Bordo' 2022!

Reactions: Old Pilot

·
Administrator
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi guys,

In post 21 I just added the results for 1/32 and 1/24. Franco had sent me the whole think in an Excel file, but I couldn't post Excel and I forgot to look under the extra tabs... Anyway, they're now posted in pdf format.

Cheers,
Don

·
Phil Smith
2,693 Posts
"The guy with the dark blue Cox 1/24 scale Cheetah, cheated! He put a "2D" chassis under that body and it never came that way. Was that legal?"

Thought that it was a 'Race modified' car.

The cheetaracha has a cucaracha chassis Don.

·
Administrator
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes, I know, but that's the way it's listed in the form.

I think it's a Team Modified you're thinking of, and yes, that could be it, since the Team Modified cars had the 2D chassis.

I also think their definition of original includes a car with all parts from the original manufacturer, but not all that sure.

Maybe Franco could clarify things...?

Don

·
Phil Smith
2,693 Posts
All vac forms got a 2 point penalty, those are the regs.
F1/Indy got 2 bonus points so Peter actually leveled out!

I have always thought that as long as the parts of the car are from the same manufacturer then it was ok.
But anyway you can actually use anything you want if you are ok with taking penalty points and doing badly in concours.

·
Phil Smith
2,693 Posts
"I think it's a Team Modified you're thinking of, and yes, that could be it, since the Team Modified cars had the 2D chassis."

sorry meant to say Team modified.

"Yes, I know, but that's the way it's listed in the form."

I have come to the conclusion over the years that the Italians don't really know much about foreign slot cars, if it's Polistil or Mini Dream etc. it's ok, but anything else they really have no idea!

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
It's not a TM chassis, it is a 2D chassis with a Dino drop arm, among other differences...
Not that it matters much, but reading the regulations, that is a marginal interpretation. :)

And Joel, I agree about your comment about Italian racers, but then on this side of the pond, we don't know that much about the intricacies of Mini Dream and Unical endless "variations" and replications...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ah good questions - and one of my own!

The Ford J is a 1/24 Strombecker, Richard, not one of the easier ones to find. The racing is still pretty fierce Richard, after all, we're in Italy!

Don
Nice J car But when Strombecker made it was it really the ill fated CanAm version that the picture shows out of Ronnie Spains GT40 book that killed Ken Miles J-2?
Regards Allan

·
Administrator
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I was kind of hoping you would know that Allan!

Strombecker did a version without the whatever you call them sticking out on the sides in front, as opposed to the Eldon 1/32 version and the Lancer clear body. So where does that come in the chronology - an earlier version?

Don

21 - 40 of 56 Posts