SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi all

A mate has asked me to come up with a design to suit the space in his shed so he can get it CNC routed. I've come up with the design above and I thought I would share to get people's feed back on it.
Not too sure about the 'kink' in the section below the main straight / above and slightly to the left of the 'R200' dimension
Cheers,
Shayne

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Think that looks good.

As you suggest however, not sure that the 'kink' adds to what is otherwise a really nice flowing layout with a variety of curve. Maybe have another curve at the point before the kink - and therefore remove that very short straight directly beforehand?

·
ParrotGod
11,089 Posts
I echo the comments above.

Most of the rack has a nice flow but that straight-kink part looks more like some bad design for a plastic track. After that curve that looks like a keyhole, put a nice curve that connects nicely with the straight before the R100 hairpin.

Also I do not like that "bus stop" after the starting/finish line: negotiating that at the start of the race is going to be hell!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I once fitted a Portimao inspired track design in a 6m x 1m. space, I really like that track. Should be here on SF somewhere.
Yup, the Catalunya lay-out is the permanent one, until today, because tonight I start with dismantling Catalunya and build Portimao ! Portimao will be on a 6 m. x 1 m. permanent table, and where Catalunya was, will become a rally track. But first the SSD Portimao. Here a slighty changed design (xlc,s, clc's and pitlane will of course be present in the real build)
New design
397740006.jpg

And for good times sake, Mercedes DTM on a race night on the Catalunya main straight.
397740013.jpg

·
ParrotGod
11,089 Posts
This looks much better. I still think that corner after the "keyhole" (where you have that R200 label) could be smoothed a bit more but overall I think this is an excellent layout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.