SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Good Morning

It doesn't seem possible we are already at our first Goodwood class of the year and where has January gone?

with 14 drivers in attendance and a lot of good humour going around.

The heats got under way with a lot of the drivers managing sub 7 second laps. A lot of drivers still using their 2018 cars and a few with new cars and with Mike Harvey prepared cars seeming to be very quick (what happened Mike yours seemed to be getting slower or was it some of us where getting faster lol) With several Ford P68's on the grid it was nice to see the Martini Livery of Keith's P68 to add a different view on the grid along with Skippy's Sheila's Wheels (Bright Pink and looks great) P68 to.

The heats went through at quite a pace with surprising results for many drivers.

So to the finals:-

Final E was not run as our youngest member James E had to go home to get his sleep before school tomorrow, thus Iain was promoted to the

Final D which had just three runners as Richard E had taken young James home. So it left Iain take on John M and Ray.

The start was very clean and Farley fast and after a few laps the race settled down with places swapping between the drivers till we got to about half distance when Ray took the lead after every one had successive de-slots.

Ray finished with a excellent drive to finish 1st with over a lap advantage from John M followed by Iain.

Final C we have Ray take on Skippy, Tone, and Alf.

This heat again went away from the start very quickly and Skippy took the lead and with only a couple of changes Skippy managed to stay ahead and clear the finish line a couple of laps ahead.

At this point I would like to add that all the heats and finals have seen some excellent racing also some very close racing by all the drivers, which have produced some excellent racing as well as some very surprising results, Its was very nice to see that all the members appreciated the competition and how many of the drivers had learned from better preparation.

So to final B we have Skippy from the C final along with Keith, Mike and Lyle.

This final started fast and furious with everyone very close then Keith had a major de-slot and landed up last but the was very fast and managed to pull back the deficit as the other drivers also had a dreaded de-slot Although Mikes P68 was very quick at times he seemed to be having problems in the early stages before settling down, Lyle who had a mixed evening finally found his form and with Skippy in the dreaded yellow lane didn't manage to get the hang of it.

After 25 very hard laps Lyle took the win with Keith in second (his best result ever) with Mike in Third and Skippy brining up the rear.

Now to Final A with Lyle lining up along side James H, Steve, and Richard T for the race of the night.

This again was an excellent race with every one managing sub 6.9 second laps, with every driver trying to gain the most points for the various championships

Lyle had a good final with James H and Steve as well as Lyle dicing all the way round and Richard T was never very far behind and when the dreaded de-slots which are always few and far between the places became static as the race settled down after 20 laps.

As the cars passed the line it was Lyle who took the win with James in second, Steve third and Richard T brining up the rear.

The final results for the night are as follows.

Lyle 25

James H 23

Steve 21 + 1pt for fastest lap at 6.520 seconds

Richard T 20

Keith 19

Mike 18

Skippy 17

Tone 16

Alf 15

Ray 14

John M 13

Iain 12

Richard E 11

James E 10

A very exciting night racing here at Presto.

Next week we back to our fastest class with Sports GT and Group 5 cars

See you all then

· Registered
136 Posts
The opening Goodwood round was an eyeopener for some of us (well me) The Ferrari 512 was fine in a straight line but lost out in the handling stakes more work needed on the tyres and I may be able to find some of the second a lap I am adrift on the front runners. Keith had a very creditable win in one of his heats and a great 5th place. I am sure he will agree a huge improvement on his early Goodwood form last season. Looking forward to Sports/GT next week lets see if I can line up with a better prepared car.

· Registered
2,424 Posts
Well done to Lyle for the A class win.
banana.gif
banana.gif
Great A final scrap between him and James, Lyle just about two feet ahead of James as they went over the line.

Well done too to Keith who had a heat win and progressed to the B final. Keiths lap times were the same as mine so obviously a massive improvement for him this year.

Congrat's also to John M for some very good finishes.

As for me the NSR P68 car was very slow but handled well, a new motor is being installed for the next Goodwood round.

See you next week for Sports/gt.

· Lil' Fella
150 Posts
Good racing was had by all during the heats and finals. My GT40 threw a motor on its maiden run so the Lola T70/3 took over and did well.

It certainly held it's own in speed and handling against better odds.

A couple of mods to the GT40 and prepare the Sports cars for next week's racing.

By the way we were all striving for sub 7 second laps, which we did, ( see Steve's fastest lap above,) not sub 6, which is the club record at 5.9 mentioned in another post.

Keith, thanks for the early write-up, did you not sleep last night????

Tone

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tone
I usually do the report mid morning on the Thursday, but as very busy today I got on to it earlier today.
If I go back to work as planned I will have to do it straight after racing that will make it a late night instead of an early morning.

Thanks to all for your comments on my best night racing ever it has certainly spurred me on to make sure my cars are
better prepared for each event.

As you all have said some very close racing last night so lets see some more drivers chasing the championship.

Well done to all.

· Registered
191 Posts
Was rather surprised to win the A final, especially from yellow lane, not something I expect to be repeated often. I almost messed it up through de-slotting on Av's corner on the last lap but was determined not to let Herbie passed!

Even more surprising was yellow was my fastest lap time in the heats!
ohmy.png

Shout out to Keith for some impressive results last night and beating Mike in the B final

Good to see quite a few GT40 taking on the usual P68s & 917s.

Onto sports next week, where it'll be a battle typically between the black arrows & moslers, see you then

· Registered
106 Posts
What a great night this was. Well done to Lyle for his win. A couple of offs saw me back of the pack and with the talent ahead of me I was consigned to 4th place which I'm more than happy with racing a Slot It GT40. Not as quick as the NSRs or Thunder Slots but my first Goodwood car so means a lot to me.
For me Driver of the Night award (in my opinion) has to go to Keith. Well done Keith on a great nights driving. Your car drove like a dream and was a challenge for me to stay ahead of. Only keeping in the slot kept me ahead!
Looking forward to next week.

Richard

· Registered
390 Posts
Well another great nights racing along with a lot of banter
Whilst practicing for next weeks sports GT race I tried a few modification to my McClaren and to my surprise it don't go very well with no rear wheels. So it's now back to standard and before any of you start to take the micky just be aware that I'm on race control next week so some of you may get disqualified !!!!!
Alf

· Lil' Fella
150 Posts
Well another great nights racing along with a lot of banter
Whilst practicing for next weeks sports GT race I tried a few modification to my McClaren and to my surprise it don't go very well with no rear wheels. So it's now back to standard and before any of you start to take the micky just be aware that I'm on race control next week so some of you may get disqualified !!!!!
Alf
Aha, you were spotted road testing your vehicle ready for next week!! Teasing with two carrots,the raindeer/sleigh will definitely brake the lap record, good look to you.

Tone

· Registered
390 Posts
Well Toné I have booked you in to specsavers as you seem to be colour blind as you plugged your controller into the green lane but put your car in the blue lane just as I was going full belt down the straight, in blue lane, what a mess !!!!!!
Alf

· Lil' Fella
150 Posts
Hi Alfredo,

I did go to Vision express that week and that then messed up my eyes!!!! Was alright before. Ha! Ha!

Should have gone to Specsavers!!

The green Lambo went to the body shop, now OK. How's your car? Sorry about that.

Hope to have a repainted white lambo (spare body) ready for the sports/GT on Wednesday.

"T"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.