SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all.

Round two of our GT3 class got underway with 14 drivers attending.

This is a popular class as again here at Presto we try to get everything on an equal basis.

The heats passed very quickly tonight with most drivers being able to get their lap times in the low 7 seconds or even faster.

We had some very close races, but it was Mike who put in some blistering times and although many driver were chasing hard, but to no avail.

So to the finals

Final E saw Keith in green lane and Iain in blue lane, When the lights went out Keith went away quickly and after a couple of laps Keith had a half a lap lead after spending most of the

evening rebuilding his car after the A frame snapped at the guide mounting. after 25 laps Keith took the win with a fastest lap of 7.011

Final D Keith took up his place in yellow with Alf, John M, and Ray. Again the lights went out and everyone raced away and the first couple of laps were quite close, then Alf pulled away

with the rest of the field chasing but not able to catch him. The lower places where hotly contested. Alf took the win with a fastest lap of 6.780 secs, Ray took second to be followed

home by John M and Keith

Final C Alf took his place in yellow lane along side Lyle, Alan and Tone. With the start light going out Lyle lead the cars away and the remainder chasing behind. The cars stayed close

until Lyle broke away to take the win with a fastest lap of 6.642 to be followed home by Tone, Alan and Alf.

Final B Lyle took his place along side James H, Skippy and Viv. This was another close race and as the drivers settled down to their 25 laps, Skippy jumped into the lead and

managed to stay there while the chasing pack swapped places right up to the last few laps. With Skippy taking the win with a fastest lap 6.349 secs with James H taking second,

Viv taking third and Lyle bringing up the rear.

Final A Skippy lined up with Mike, Richard T, and Steve and when the lights went out Mike again raced away as he had done all evening and left the remaining driver to fight for the

other podium places. Richard T raced well and was chased hard by Skippy but he could not keep pace with Richard and Steve had problems staying with Skippy.

After 25 laps, Mike took the win with a fastest lap of 6.096 seconds and missed out on the class lap record by just under 2 tenths of a second. Richard T had a great finish to claim

second, Skippy came in third and Steve 4th.

The final results are as follows.

Mike 25 + 1pt for fastest lap 6.053 secs

Richard T 23

Skippy 21

Steve 20

James H 19

Viv 18

Lyle 17

Tone 16

Alan 15

Alf 14

Ray 13

John M 12

Keith 11

Iain 10

Next week we are back to Goodwood.

See you all there

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yet again another great nights racing.
Can anyone tell me way I can use emoticons on my desk top computer but not on my iPad on slot forum?
Alf

·
Lil' Fella
148 Posts
Hi fellow racers,

Good close competitive racing tonight by all. I disappointed you for not racing the Lambo but the "The Pits" Ferrari wanted a maiden race and faired very well, I think.

Thanks to Keith for the birthday donuts, most enjoyable with my tea!!
thumbsup.gif

Now to prepare the Ford GT40 and Lola T70 Mk3 for next week's Goodwood cup.

Tone

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Thanks Keith, nice report. Tried hard to break lap record but perhaps next time, so near yet so far. 'TTRacing' didn't quite have the night they expected,
lmfao.gif
What has happened to Herbie Hancock this year? It just goes to show how hard it is now to keep up top performances in all classes week in, week out. Doing away with B class cars was certainly the way to go, all of the cars are so equal now, one off and it's hard to catch up.

Next week one of the favourites at Presto - Goodwood Cup - see you then.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you Keith for your round up of events this week and also for the doughnut - happy birthday Keith
Well the Aston did me proud tonight taking me to second place - didn't expect that! Well done to Mike who's showed every one a clean pair of heels - well done mate
A great nights racing and banter once again. See you all next week for Goodwood.

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts