SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its Round 2 of the club championship already where has the year gone so far time is flying past.

With 15 drivers attending this popular class.

The heats got underway and and passed very quickly with some very close racing and some fast lap times.

Congratulations to Mike who managed to break the class lap record with a 6.377 secs Well done Mike

Although Mike was fast it was nice to see Lyle chasing hard and taking a few heat wins.

So to the important part of the evening the Finals :-

Final D we have Alf take on Keith, Ray and John M. With 25 laps this race went as expected with Alf taking the win and Ray having a great evening finishing second John M. taking third and keith bringing up the rear.

Final C Alf took his place on the start line along side Steve,Tone and Iain. The race was close throughout and with Steve having some very quick laps taking the win with Alf scoring well taking second with Tone following in third and Iain bringing up the rear.

Final B Steve took to the track with Richard T, James H. and Alan H. with all drivers capable of sub seven second laps we hope for an extra close racing and for a while we were not dissappointed and with everyone chasing hard to win. So after 25 laps the result was Richard T taking the win (well done Richard well deserved) Steve taking second, Alan H 3rd and James H 4th .

Final A with Mike having taken the fastest lap and new lap record in the heats we knew it was going to be a close race with Lyle, Viv, and Richard T lining up.

The lights went out and the cars raced away very close and Mike taking the lead with Lyle chasing hard and Viv along with Richard T also chasing hard.

Eventually Lyle managed to overhaul Mike to take the lead and did very well to hold it to cross the line and win with Mike in second. Richard T coming in third and Viv bringing up the rear.

The results for last night as follows.

Lyle 25

Mike 23 + 1pt for fastest lap (6.377 secs) New class lap record.

Richard T 21

Viv 20

Steve 19

Alan H 18

James H 17

Alf 16

Tone 15

Iain 14

Ray 13

John M 12

Keith 11

Richard E 10

James E 9

Next week its Round 2 of our GT3 class

Hope to see you there

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congratulations Mike on a new lap record richly deserved you were flying! Well done Lyle for a convincing and well driven A final withstanding the pressure that the others tried to pile on you, a lesson to us all in driving at Presto and prepping an absolute flyer. Richard showed his talent again last night with an object lesson in staying in the slot gets a podium finish every time.

See you all next week for GT3

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Thanks Iain, got record time on red lane but big mistake choosing that lane for final. Had i had been on blue next to Lyle I think I would have got him. Lost too much time on Pond Corner.
lmfao.gif

Congrat's to Lyle for win.
clap.gif

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow what a cracking nights racing this turned out to be. Congratulations to Mike for lap record and Lyle for his win. Very pleased with myself for achieving 3rd place. A win in my book based on both your performances during the heats. Racing a car which I love and which is my only car in this class probably holds me back but that's just fine as I had a really enjoyable nights diving so thank you to all. Again this class shows how close things are becoming and that the decision to do away with B class was right as the standard of driving throughout is clear to see.
Thank you Keith once again for your race report - a great round up of the nights events.
The Aston has had a wash and brush up ready for next week so we'll see how she goes. Whatever I know I'll have a great nights racing.
Thanks to Tone for cake - happy birthday
See you all next week. Richard

·
Registered
374 Posts
As Richard has said a great nights racing, win or not it's just great fun.
I'm happy with three thirds, a win and a second place. The best race for me was a third in one of the heats as I had a blown tyre so it was difficult to drive but great fun.
See you all next week for GT3
Well done to Lyle and Mike
Alf

·
Lil' Fella
148 Posts
Hi Fellow Drivers,

Good driving and well done all as mentioned above. My Kouros Mercedes done well in the first heat but could not seriously repeat it's performace on the other three.

Looking forward to the GT3 group next week with Lambo or Ferrari on the grid, see you there.

Tone

·
Lil' Fella
148 Posts
Tone', didn't you hear the announcement on Wednesday re the Black Arrow cars being banned
question.gif
biggrin.png
Hi Mike,

I didn't mention which Lambo or Ferrari will be racing, Black Arrow - wots zat!! Scalie maybe, Ha! Watch out for Lil James' Ferrari, could be part of Sponsored T.T. Racing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi Toné
What is this sponsored TT Racing! Hope you are not going to compete in the constructors championship against Team Alf.
Alf

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well if Tone is sponsoring James then I'm not sure if I can give him a lift each Wednesday evening to presto.
Mind you if I break hard on the way, like last week, so his pit box goes flying and breaks his Lamborghini !!!!
Alf

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Alf, I did think TT meant 'Tiny Tots' racing but to be politically correct one can not say that, can one?

Great idea re the braking, just say "didn't you see that black labrador run out in front of the car". If he says "no'' you can say, "you must go to Spec Savers James or your reaction time is so slow James".
biggrin.png

All above comments are meant in the "best possible taste", some of you will remember that phrase.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ok this months competition is: the best interpretation of Tones TT.
I can start you off with "Tones Tornados"

Please keep your interpretations clean.
Toné has kindly donated one of his Lamborghinis to the winner not that you can use it as Mike has band them!!!!

Alf

·
Registered
120 Posts
Alf before you stop giving James a lift because you suspect him for jumping teams or splat him against your wind screen are you sure he doesn't mean James E when he speaks of Lil James rather than James 'Canary' Hancock. After Tone's birthday cakes the other night are you sure TT isn't 'Terribly Tasty' describing his cakes rather than his cars!!!! I for one am old enough to remember Kenny, surely the founder of political in-correctness and wern't we all the richer for his sketches, may he live long in our memories.

Iain

·
Lil' Fella
148 Posts
I have certainly started something here that got some of you guessing, except Iain, you are closer, and Yazoo, well done. I was referring to Lil, James junior. He is an up and coming good racer.

See you on the grid!!

Tone (Lil fella)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congratulations Mike on the new class record
thumbsup.gif

I also hear that Herbie has bought a model on the Porsche I use and copied the weight layout from the info. I gave him....I'll be expecting great things from him next slot.it race!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts