SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Hello All-

This class always bring some surprises and last night was no exception.

We all know that formula 1 cars can be unpredictable and last night proved just that.

It was nice to see everyone having a go and having some very fast cars but the dreaded word De-slotting was evident for evey driver during the evening

During the heats Mike seems to have a problem with the Scale Auto red deep guides and broke yet another, Lyles car seemed to keep falling apart, Alan Tyrell P34 seemed to have a mind of its own and did clear the fence at one point to land up in the paddock.

The heats also gave us some very close racing with various heats finishing with just a few thousands of a second between the drivers.

When it came to the end of the heats we saw Alf leading the pack and our usual top runners well down the list.

The finals started with "D" where we see Ray take on Keith.

Keith bought out a new car for this final and though it was quick it had a driver problem with de-slotting and saw Ray take things slower and came in with the win and moved up to :-

Final C which saw Ray take on Mike, Iain, and Richard and again it was fast and furious, but de-slots saw a close battle between Richard and Iain. Iain then deslotted which allowed Mike and Ray through and left Richard to take the spoils and move to:-

Final B with Tone, Alan and Lyle which was fought at a very fast pace and everyone de-slotted at some point. Alan Tyrell P34 triumphed and moved to :-

Final A with Steve, Alf, and James.

This final was hard fort with some spectacular times in the sub seven second lap times appearing.

With James finally taking control of his car and taking the spoils for the evening.

Alf had a great evening continuing his dominance in this class by breaking the lap record twice this evening. Well done Alf well deserved.

Results

James 25

Alf 23 + 1pt for fastest lap and lap record 6.716 secs

Alan 21

Steve 20

Richard 19

Lyle 18

Tone 17

Mike 16

Ray 15

Iain 14

Keith 13

As we have now completed three rounds during the next week the club championship points will be added to slot forum as well as class positions.

The results will also be advertised at the club next week, but to my calculations its very close between Mike (409 pts) and James (407 pts) well done lads its going to be close.

See you all for the start of Round 4 starting with the Standard Slot-it Class.

Have a great week.

· Registered
2,424 Posts
Thanks Keith. A dismal meeting for me last night, starting with yet another guide breakage, this is now four in as many weeks. Unfortunately it was my best car so whilst using the Policar F1's I can't get on with them. Alf kindly offered me a spare car which was good but not set up the way I drive. Thanks Alf.

Talking of Alf, well done mate on your new Formula 1 lap record and smashing my existing one twice in the process.
clap.gif

Yet another great performance by James to take the A final win using Tone's spare car having stripped the gears on his Policar F1.
clap.gif

This years championship is extremely close with James snapping at my heels, both of us being level with 430 points each. I was hoping for a triple championship title this year but as each week passes that looks less likely. James has been with the club for nine years now so it is about time he won a championship anyway.

See you all next week.

By the way Lyle has offered to lend me his Slot it Porsche next week unbeaten in any A final so far. Lol.

· Registered
136 Posts
What a great night's racing. I had my closest race since I joined the club with Richard in one of the heats which I lost by the fraction a gnat's whisker. The C final summed up my form for the last few weeks where 'Failure to prepare thoroughly equates to prepare to fail dismally.' Guilty as charged! Knowing I needed to put a slightly longer screw into the pickup and not doing so as I hastily put the car together minutes before setting off for the race night was rewarded with a DNF! Message to self remember the '5 P's', Preparation prevents **** poor performance. May I also thank you all for waiting upon me hand and hip!! into N & N next Thursday and hopefully with the new hip I will go from 'Brian the Snail' to 'Zebadee' with a spring in my stride by the next time I see you all. With about 6 weeks of doing not a lot my preparation will have no excuse other than approaching perfection! (I wish). Once again thank you all for all your help last night.

I think Lyle did just as good a job on smashing James's loan car as I did the other week but 15 out of 10 for James a more magnanimous club mate would be hard to find especially as bits of his car were coming to rest in front of him on several laps. Well done James for that and your win. Congratulations to Alf on your double lap record last night though James did hold it for about 2 laps.

See you all in 6-8 weeks with the Steve Austin body but unfortunately the less than bionic brain and trigger finger!!!!

Cheers Iain

· Registered
390 Posts
Hi guys
Another great night so many bits flying off the cars. But as Richard and I have proved the older Scalextric cars are much stronger and just as quick.
Great to see Iain back
See you all week after next, got to miss slot it as I'm too busy drinking wine in the Emerald Isle
Alf

· Registered
191 Posts
I did my best to keep up Iain's standard with borrowing & disintegrating James' spare F1 car , only joking!!

Iain had some cracking races with Richard which his final position doesn't show, the oldie Alf shows us young uns how it should be done in F1 by setting new lap records! Well done to James on the deserved win and a terrible night for Mike, has opened the Championship back up again!

Mike, did I say Porsche for next week? I meant Jaguar...... with broken front axle holder......my bad....
biggrin.png

· Registered
2,424 Posts
I am absolutely sure you said you would loan me your orange liveried Porsche, but hey ho I will just have to push you into making a mistake. With being 9 points ahead after last weeks meeting it just goes to show one bad night can really alter things.

· Registered
106 Posts
Big thanks to Alf for the loan of his Shadow for the night. It was a lot of fun tonight and I had to push hard to compete with the higher output cars although being down on power suits my skill level and meant I had fewer offs than most. Best of all this car provided me with some of the closet continuous racing i have had in a long time. My win over Iain by a Gnats whisker was the highlight of the night for me and could easily have been Iain's place and not mine. Some times the race within a race provides just as much entertainment.
Fortunately I was able to return Alfs car still in one piece as Alf has already stated these 80s Scalextric cars live to fight another race unlike some of the others. I know what I'm going to build for this class!
Big thanks again Alf for the loan. Thanks to Keith for this weeks race report and thanks to all for a great nights racing and comraderie.
See you all next week.

Richard

· Registered
77 Posts
What a greats night racing by all drivers. A lot of close battles through out the night decided by half a car length in some cases by the end of races. Big well done to Alf getting the new lap record after I held it for a few laps but will have to get it back next time. Car was going well to start with but by the final heat I got in a tangle with someone elses car somehow causing plastic duel gear to strip leaving me with no drive
mad.gif
so thanks Tone for letting me borrow a car for the rest of the night since Lyle was destroying my spare for his use
unsure.png
. Me and Mike are now on the same points of 430 at the top of the championship so I got lucky tonight to close the gap with him not doing so well but I can see a lot more close races coming between me and him so I will always be checking my mirrors and hoping to see him in them and not looking at the rear end of his car ahead of me... all I say is bring it on

see you all next week for slot it

cheers James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.