SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good evening all.

A really great night here at Presto.

This round of GT3's really threw the cat amongst the pigeons.

A lot of Lambo's appeared and everyone thought it was going to be a clean sweep for the Black Arrow Lambo's, but it turned out that they are not as good as some drivers thought they would be.

The heats were hotly contested and it seemed that the Aston's and McLarens etc were just as good and in most cases better.

James was the first to have problems followed by Mike and Viv and as the heats went on it was showing that the Lambo's just didn't come up to the level of the other cars.

Alf came to the rescue of Keith as his Ford GT chassis failed and His McLaren burnt its motor out thanks Alf really appreciated the loan of a fantastic car.

When it came to the finals as you will see from the results the usual drivers were not in the A final.

The D. Final consisted of James ( what happened mate we don't usually see you down here.) Keith and Ray. of which James took 1st place and moved to the C final

The C final consisted of James as winner of D with Mike, Alf and Ian this was a fight to start with until Mike broke his guide yet again which left James taking 1st place followed by Alf and allowing Iain to finish 3rd.

The B final saw James take on Richard, Tone and Viv again the first few laps where fast and furious until James car came to an abrupt halt and retiring allowing Richard to take 1st followed by Tone (with the only Lambo that didn't have a problem all night) and Viv taking 3rd

The A final saw a new face of Steve along side Lyle, Richard and Skippy. the car line up was 1 Lambo and three Astons.

This again started at a furious pace with positions be swapped then a few de-slots caused everything to steady down and to get to the finish.

The result was Skippy managing to keep ahead of the chasing Lyle and Richard with Steve bringing up the rear.

The results are :-

Skippy 25

Lyle 23

Richard 21

Steve 20

Tone 19

Viv 18

James 17 + 1pt for fastest lap 6.305 secs (yes this was a Lambo)

Alf 16

Iain 15

Mike 14

Ray 13

Keith 12

Next week its Round 3 of our Goodwood Class

See you all there

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Thanks Keith, yes I think everyone thought the Lambo's would wipe the floor but they are very fragile and just not upto the pressure of competitive racing at Presto.

Poor James went through six sets of rear wheels which were simply breaking and I broke my chassis at the guide pickup point having snapped two red Scale auto guides before that. However, James still managed the quickest lap of the night but Lyle was not that far off that time either.

A great result for Skippy, well done mate
clap.gif
and to Lyle too both using the NSR Aston.
clap.gif

Richards Aston was on the money but Lyle and Skippy just had the edge.

A big well done to new member Steve for two heat wins and an A final placing.
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

See you all next week for Goodwood.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed Wednesday night, well it would have been perfect with an a-final victory, but I'm happy with 2nd, well done Skippy! Good to see Steve & Richard up there too
thumbsup.gif

That was rather an expensive night for the Black Arrow owners, especially James who's off to invest in a tyre & wheel manufacturer
biggrin.png
& Tone who needs an insurance pay out for his smashed car shell
laugh.png

Catch you for goodwood

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Just checked the chassis to repair the guide boss, front axle holders smashed. (one deslot only) new chassis now on the way. Great car but extremely fragile so beware.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well what a night that was and an expensive one 🙄 we all thought the black arrow cars would dominate GT3 but this wasnt the case as mentioned i think after this i will be checking all my wheels before every race and any with dodgy threads or tyres will be binned since it was costly to the championship and my pocket 😂 see you all next week for goodwood

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Guys

Yes another great nights racing with mixed results through the heats generating an interesting finals line up.

Well done to Skippy and Lyle with a very deserved 1st and 2nd placing. Very happy to take third place and to take the Aston home in the same condition as it arrived in!

The single class racing is generating more closely fought driving with an off or two which can not only cost a placing in the heats but also effect your placing in the finals. This keeps the pressure on which in turn generates a great nights racing.

Thank you all for another evenings entertainment and looking forward to Goodwood next week.

See you then. Richard

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi Guys

My Lambo stayed intact most likely because I was not going as fast as the rest. Anyway I'm not there next week but will be back the following week, complete with new spects, so I will be able to see which car I'm racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alf

innocent.gif

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
You are no angel Alfie, don't know why you used the
innocent.gif
icon. I would have thought the
lmfao.gif
would have been more appropriate for an 8th place finish, which is far worst than you should have been.

Anyway, have a great holiday mate, see you when you get back.
banana.gif
banana.gif

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi There

Just a thought, as some of the Spanish bulls seemed about as robust as a chocolate fire guard is the answer for you Lambo owners to use the motor in something more robust from Slot.it or NSR? Nest round will provide the answers could it be a cold and lonely lineup for Spainish manufacturers. This year we seem to be having even closer heats with more people enjoying success and closer racing than last year. Goodwood shpuld be another great nights racing with maybe some surprise visitors to the A and B finals.

Looking forward to next Wednesday .

Iain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts