SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's just the brief finishing positions, I'll get the full results up on the website next week

Qualifying was based on best 4 out of 4 results and the club is still wondering whether to stick with this or go back to the previous 3 out of 4

Here's the difference in qualifying between best of 4 and best of 3

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They're the scores for the finals, if you raced in one final you'll have the times set on the lane only, if you raced in more than one final, all the scores will be there

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can gather it runs finals like it does heats, so the sheets are the same at the end, just with less data

It's nice to be able to see who jumped up a final and what there scores where at a glance

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure what you mean by live leader board...is that an official name or something you are using?

All I know is we have a screen facing the drivers which tells them (if they want to take time to look while they're driving) who is leading and the gap to the next place, quickest laps etc, so i guess that is a live leader board

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what you mean is a complete list of all drivers and where they currently stand?

Yeh, we have this up occasionally but it seems to be quite inaccurate because when it gives standings, some have done more heats than others and doesn't seem to catch up until the end

·
Registered
612 Posts
Best four gives well deserved credit to the most consistent drivers, however sometimes you can lose laps through no fault of your own which is when best 3 is best, although IMHO, if you're good enough and qualify slightly lower than normal you should be able to claw back up to somewhere close to where you should be.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 18 Feb 2012, 13:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So long as there are an even number of competitors then there should be no heats with empty lanes.

So why should Doug go back to empty lanes, there's nothing he can do about it if there isn't an even number

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 18 Feb 2012, 13:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right, but he used to do it for any number of heats that was not divisible by four. Isn't that what you meant by 'spot on'?

It used to work like that before we got the new lap counting system, and we've had a few empty lanes while we've been adjusting to it, but now we (Doug and one or two others) are comfortable with it, it doesn't happen only when there's an odd number

And I'm fully confident that Doug now has it sussed enough to either make it best 3 out of 4 or best 4 out of 4 if that is what we vote for, and I'm sure he also now has it sussed enough to run heats with as many people as possible or if we so wish as a club, have empty lanes, I'm absolutely we're free to do as the club wishes with the system and what the majority vote for

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.