SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Hello All,

This evening is the last class in Round 4 with our Formula One class.

This class has gone from a very few who got the hang of these cars to the many and we had some very close racing with some surprises in the finals.

Firstly Happy Birthday Lyle we all hope you have a great day and thanks for the cake, it is appreciated.

007 Alf where are you, we missed the banter, Hope Switzerland is meeting your requirements (Hic Lol)

Racing got underway with some very fast lap times at the top end and some slower ones as well.

After the heats Keith managed the slowest lap at over 120 seconds ( he even asked the boss for an extra points for it LOL)

With a new move called the Vettel touch following his antics at Silverstone last weekend, we see several of this move during the evening.

So to the finals

Final D

Just two racer on the grid. Keith took on Ian R for the 25laps, Keith had problems all evening and soon fell behind and Ian took the lead and also the win

Final C

Ian R took his place on the start line along side Imac, Ray, and Mike (who was having a dreadful night like Keith)

Ray stated before the start that he was only good for 4th, but drove well, Imac also drove an excellent race and after the 25 laps the result can out as Mike in 1st, Imac

second, Ray in 3rd and Ian R in 4th.

Final B

After his great win in the previous final Mike lined up with Andy, Tone and James H.

The start line was pensive as everyone waited for the lights to go out and as they all raced away all cars stayed close for the first couple of laps the Andy managed to break

away with Tone and James H chasing hard as they kept swapping places before James H managed to break away, So after 25 laps it was Andy who took the win, with

James H in second, Tone drove well to take 3rd, and Mike came in 4th.

Final A

The big one and we expected some very quick, so we have Steve along with Lyle, Richard T, and Andy.

The lights went out and all cars raced away and again they all stayed close for several laps until Richard T managed to break away to be followed by Steve. Lyle made a

couple of mistakes as did Andy and everything settled down to the three drivers chasing Richard T (in his Alf 007 prepared car) ( hope your reading this Alf your driver did

you proud ) and took the win with the fastest lap of the night.

The result for the A final was Richard T taking the win from Steve in second, Lyle managing an excellent 3rd and Andy trying very hard to gain a well deserved 4th.

We all had a great evening and now looking forward to the start of Round 5.

The nights results are as follows: -

Richard T 25 + 1pt for Fastest lap 6.237.

Steve 23

Lyle 21

Andy 20

James H 19

Tone 18

Mike 17

I mac 16

Ray 15

Ian R 14

Keith 13

So to Next week, Its the start of round 5 and as usual with the Standard Slot its.

Looking forward to seeing you all next week

Enjoy your holiday Alf and Andy hope the kids don't run you ragged to much.

· Registered
2,424 Posts
Thanks Keith, yep another bad night for me again. Both my cars i thought were ok until the heats started but clearly they were not. I was really looking forward to last night but 'old age aliments' got in the way again and i was in agony by the end of the night.

Another very good result for Richard & Steve, well done guys.
clap.gif

Lyle is driving well this year so to see him in the A final was no surprise, good result mate.
thumbsup.gif

Good to see Andy T in the A final again, but next week he is away and being forced to wear a pirates hat all week, well that's what he says anyway. Have a great holiday with the Grandkids.

I felt sorry for Ray who had been doing well until his chassis cracked causing a problem in that final.

With it now being the holiday season our attendances will suffer as do many other clubs but hopefully for all the club's numbers will get back to normal in the Autumn.

See you all nerxt week.

· Registered
390 Posts
Hi Guys
Switzerland is proving very good if a bit expensive. Well done Richard looks like we are on for the double drivers and constructors championship
Iain I thought you would have a better result now you have a tyre truer !!!!!
Regards
Alf

· Lil' Fella
150 Posts
Good racing everybody! The vintage F1 Amato chassis cars performed well. My Max Verstappen's Red Bull #33 faired well on it's maiden outing tonight in all 4 heats but as usual, the motor failed on the end of the last heat. It was a new motor and I think the brushes broke up inside and locked up the armature!!! Will have a look tonight, and rectify the problem. (Replace the motor Ha! )

Didn't get a chance to pre-run the BT49, never mind!!

Ok, round 5 of the season so it's Slot-it next week. Kouros Merc or Camel Porsche, amy bets on which one???

Tone

· Registered
11 Posts
Thank you, yet another enjoyable nights racing. The Saudi Williams out of the Imac stable was storming round in the first couple of heats but in heat three came the crash and suffered broken front suspension so the wheel fell off and that was it! Andy took pity and loaned a car to me for the final and I secured a third place finish. Slot-it next week and depending on the heats I hope to run in the mid-field but even so it is a great evening and besides I enjoy the banter!

Mercky

· Registered
136 Posts
I was doing ok in the final leading with 2 laps to go and I suddenly started thinking that a win would automatically put me into yellow lane in the next final and that was enough to distract me and out the slot I came. This allowed Mike through and that was that, well done Mike but I came about where I expected. I put the car together that afternoon so didn't get a chance to experiment with a bit of weight but was pleased to see that no-one passed me on the straight a bit more sorting and perhaps the Renault will take me into an A final in the future. I haven't had occasion to try out my new toy yet so but as far as I can tell it is impossible to get the wheels on the wrong way round which I am sure you will all agree is just as well as far as I am concerned!!

Richard has a tough decision to make in the next 7 or so weeks, does he stick with being the class driver in team Alf or does he come to the grid with the first appearance of a car from Team Richard. As I suggest tough call but either way he will be a very tough act to get in front of.

See you all for Slot.it.

Iain

· Registered
106 Posts
Hi All

Yes Iain a very tough call as the Team Alf cars are flying this season. Big thanks to team founder and owner Alf for the drive which saw us at the top once again seeing Alf well on the way to taking the Contructors Championship this year!
Another great nights driving from all drivers tonight meant the emphasis was on reliability and staying in the slot.
A bit of bad luck saw Mike and James absent from the A final which is usually their domain.
Thrilled to have taken and held on to fastest lap which Lyle was chasing hard for and passed between us a couple of times in the A final alone! The pressure of pleasing the team owner made for some tense driving on my part but enjoyed every moment!
I have to agree an unlucky night for Ray which if it hadn't been for car trouble would certainly been a contender to have taken the B final! Better luck next time Ray.
Thanks to all for yet another great nights racing and banter. See you next week. Richard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.