SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
1,488 Posts
Running our Club Night 10 lane Daytona 500 always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as our first one back in 2001 was during one of the most tragic days in earth's history. The only time we have run a Club Night with the TV on continually in the back ground streaming in the news.

1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very much looking forward to meeting you Lee. As discussed our 'B' Final winner last year covered 787 Laps or 12 real miles of racing over the 24 races (64 minutes on the drivers's platform) he ran on the night. Between the 20 racers on the night there were over 6,000 laps completed, equivalent to 88 real miles! That's a lot of racing for little cars in one evening and why ten lane racing can be so much fun.

Alan Bullock is looking to retain his 2011 King of Speed crown over the five ovals we run this year.

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
That proves one thing ignoring the 1-3 lanes I wasn't the fastest but kept it in the slot. Steady eddie lol

1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Absolutely Lee, it is a different technique for these ovals, the first 2 minutes of the first of 10 'A' Final races saw no car fall by the wayside, an amazing sight seeing all ten cars at full chat for so long. You did very well for your first go. I am sure you will move up the grid with the more experience you gain with the technique. Over 7.500 laps on the night, that was some going by all. Will have to check but it must have been the best Daytona race we have had for lack of crashes, many folk agreed

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Oval implies banking, although I know for Brisca cars they are flat (but also a lot smaller and often with a loose surface, so not quite the same thing).

What is the track based on? The only Daytona I know is a Tri-oval, very different from a triangle.

1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It certainly was a fun night Jim, the leader changed throughout the 30 mins (10 x 3 Min Races) of the 'A' Final with Shloke only taking the lead during the last 2 minutes. Below is our Calendar with the Ovals Highlighted. The Rockingham Oval is awesome with cars lapping at up to 23 mph, you are welcome to come along any time. Roy travels up from Leighton Buzzard to race.

We run two classes, with Tyco 440X2 used for F1 and Tomy SGP / BSRT 902 for our Enclosed Wheel which are very closely matched (I am currently running the Tomy SGP) making for some excellent racing.

Day Date Location Round Event

Tuesday 10 JAN Refreshment 1 Mugello
Tuesday 17 JAN Refreshment 2 Buddh International Circuit (India)
Tuesday 31 JAN Refreshment 3 Hungaroring (Hungary)
Tuesday 7 FEB Refreshment 4 Daytona 500 - 10 Lane (USA)
Saturday18 FEB Nightingale 5 Rockingham Oval F1 (UK)
Saturday 18 FEB Nightingale 6 Rockingham Oval GC

Sunday 19 FEB Nightingale 7 Rockingham Oval/8 Lane Infield F1
Sunday 19 FEB Nightingale 8 Rockingham Oval/8 Lane Infield GC
Sunday 19 FEB Nightingale 4 Hour Endurance Rockingham Oval/8 Lane Infield
Tuesday 28 FEB Refreshment 9 Sakhir (Bahrain)
Tuesday 6 MAR Refreshment 10 Jacarepagua (Argentina)
Tuesday 3 APR Refreshment 11 Suzuka (Japan)
Tuesday 10 APR Refreshment 12 Sebring (USA)
Tuesday 24 APR Refreshment 13 Oschersleben (Germany)
Tuesday 8 MAY Refreshment 14 Autopolis (Japan)
Tuesday22 MAY Refreshment 15 Indy 500 - 10 Lane (USA)
Tuesday 05 JUN Refreshment 16 Brno (Czech Republic)
Tuesday 24 JUL Refreshment 17 Brands Hatch (UK)
Tuesday 31 JUL Refreshment 18 Sachsenring (Germany)
Tuesday 14 AUG Refreshment 19 Korea International Circuit (S Korea)
Tuesday 28 AUG Refreshment 20 Shanghai (China)
Tuesday11 SEP Refreshment 21 Rio (Short) Oval - 10 Lane (Argentina)
Tuesday 18 SEP Refreshment 22 Silverstone (UK)
Tuesday 2 OCT Refreshment 23 Misano (Italy)
Tuesday 9 OCT Refreshment 24 Yas Marina Circuit (UAE)
Tuesday 23 OCT Refreshment 25 Magny Cours (France)
Thursday 8 NOV Sports Hall 26 Le Mans - 8 Lane (France)
Sat - Sun 10-11 NOV Sports Hall 24 Hour Endurance Le Mans
Tuesday 13 NOV Refreshment AGM

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nick,

Thanks for the info, I will have a word with Roy and try and pop up some time. What sort of time do you start? Are the saturday and sunday meets in the evening as well?

Cheers

Jim

1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Jim,
We are there from 1630 to set up practice from around 1800 - 1900 racing begins at 1930 on a Tuesday

Re weekend Rockingham Oval we will be setting up from 0900 Sat, Oval races between 1600-1800, convert track to Oval/Infield 1800-1900, Qualifying 1900 - 2100 ish and the finish off Qualifying plus Finals 0900-1130 Sunday morning

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Nick - you mention the 902, but which version is legal?

It has changed spec twice, and the current one, which somebody like Jim could buy, is slower than both the previous versions. Perhaps you could list all the legal parts so that national guys can mix and match what they have, and downgrade their Pro-Mods.

Just saying 902 doesn't cut it.

1,488 Posts
Picture gallery from the Daytona Evening

The ten lane track was a dream to drive

The drivers' stand was packed with ten racers

The start of the first of 31 three minute Final races

The kids had a great time

New Member Lee Henderson who covered a round trip of over 368 miles from Lowestoft!

Peter celebrated his 70th Birthday by winning the HO Masters 'A' Final!

The five interconnected Tomy Timers worked flawlessly all night as usual

Shloke Anand loaded the spreadsheet giving up to date positions throughout the night

Full report and stats can be found in our latest Magazine which will be available on our website www.dhorc.co.uk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nick,

Cheers for the info. Hopefully I would like to try and get up to one of the tuesday night meets a little later in the year.

Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts