SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello All,

Its time for our drivers to get out their big motors for our Sports GT / Group 5 class and we had some very close racing and some very fast times to.

Tonight we had our lowest attendance of the year with only ten drivers attending due to holidays, Hospital attendance, and even a beer festival.

We all would like to say to our boss get well soon and hope your recovery is quick and you'll be back next week and will be in fine form.

To those of you who are on holiday or at a beer festival, you missed a great night.

we are all glad to see James H with us again this week despite his injuries and we are very happy to see you are on the mend.

To the heats,

With only ten heats, these passed very quickly as there were very few incidents,

Now we jump straight to the finals

Final C

On the grid for this final are Keith, Ray, Tone and Gordon. The lights went away and Tone raced away with Keith and Ray chasing and Gordon chasing at a pace.

After the 25 laps it was Tone who took the win from Keith who only just held onto second from Ray by half a cars length and Gordon 4th.

Final B

Tone took his place in this final along side Alf Andy and Ian R. Again the lights went out and all cars raced away and stayed close for a few laps before Andy broke away to

take the lead with some very quick laps, Alf chased hard but could not catch Andy, leaving Ian R and Tone to race for the lower places.

After the 25 laps it was Andy who took the win with Alf in 2nd, Ian R 3rd and Tone bringing up the rear.

Final A

On the grid was Lyle, Steve, Andy, James H.

Again, a very fast start and everyone stayed close for a few laps before Lyle and James H managed to get a gap between themselves and Andy and Steve,

Steve then managed to gain on James H and overtake him into second and Andy was unable to get a grip of the yellow lane.

After the 25 laps the result was Lyle taking the win, Steve managing to hold onto 2nd, James H in 3rd and Andy in 4th.

The results for the night are as follows: -

Lyle 25

Steve 23

James H 21 + 1pt for fastest lap at 5.966 secs

Andy 20

Alf 19

Ian R 18

Tone 17

Keith 16

Ray 15

Gordon 14

A big thanks to Alf for running the club as Mike was unable to attend, A great night as usual.

Looking forward to next week when its our saloon class

Have a great week.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Thanks Keith, i can just about see the keyboard to type this but glad the night went well for you all. Thanks to Alf for running the show and a special thanks from Averil for washing up the tea cups - much appreciated.

Lyle continues to shine as does Steve who now lead the overall points score with 650 pts,
clap.gif
two ahead of me and Lyle in third with 637 pts.
thumbsup.gif

We are now well into this years championship with over half of the classes with only two rounds to go, so now it is the time to maximise the points for each class to gain the five highest points tally for each class that you can.

Op' went well, just a bit sore but will be back next week, I can't afford to lose any more points.
biggrin.png

Have a great week and see you all for Saloons.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi all,
Yes a great nights racing and banter. Sorry Steve if my marshalling cost you a win but trying to do race control and Marshall at the same time was difficult, I can't multi task my female side is not very strong

Anyway Mike did give me instructions to hinder both you and James so you did not get too many points.

A big thanks to everyone for helping and especially Ray's tea and coffee which was exceptional

Alf

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well that was a slice of luck, stealing the lead from Steve with a couple of laps to go!
biggrin.png

I suppose James' perseverance earns him the fastest lap point, after trying and trying to better the one I earlier set.

Mike: I've got the top 3 as follows overall:

Steve 671

Mike 668

Lyle 660

See you for saloons

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another good nights racing. Its ok Alf it was stupidity for crashing on the first corner 2 laps from the end after leading most of the race 🤬

·
Registered
185 Posts
No worries! You had me worried I'd need to try even harder to catch up!

Glad your op went well and you're seeing better, although feel free take as many weeks off as you need :D :lol:

·
Lil' Fella
148 Posts
Hi all,

Excellent racing all, close racing and good challenge, still not too good on yellow lane, oh well!!

Well done Alf and James for running a good evenings race.

Looking forward to the saloon class, with the usual Calibra versus Alfa T133!!

Glad the op went well Mike. See you in the club house even as a spectator. Are you home now??

Regards,

Tone

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well I think Her lady ship is now redundant !!!!
Thanks for your comments Steve but I do feel guilty
Looking forward to next week I should be back in time we are off to a folk festival not my choice but if it rains then I'm in the caravan with a glass of beer
Alf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts