SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Back from my holiday its back into routine to write the report for the GT3 class last night.

With just 12 Drivers attending with a selection of GT3 cars we expected as usual some good close racing and with James H actually taking a holiday to it was going to be a

challenge to see who could make it pay and leave a bigger gap in the class and club championship.

So to the heats

With only 3 drivers in the first heat as Keith's Aston Martin decided to dislodge it motor and didnt even make the start line. the heats went past very quickly with very few

problems. We had some very close races and some battles that started as soon as the lights went out right through to the finish and places being swapped backwards and

forwards.

To the finals

Final D

On the grid was Ray, Iain M, and Gordon. When the lights went out Ray went in to the lead and with Iain and Gordon chasing and after 25 laps it was Ray who took the

win with Iain M in second and Gordon 3rd. Well done to Gordon who is getting to grip with the Presto Track and now putting in some good lap times.

Final C

Ray took his place on the start line with Keith, Tone and Ian R.

The lights went out and all raced away with Keith going into the lead, but wasn't able to stay there as Ian R was a lot faster and Ray chasing hard and Tone finally finding

his form for the night to give Ian R a challenge but not getting there after 25 laps. The result was Ian R 1st, Tone 2nd, Ray 3rd, Keith 4th

Final B

Ian R joined the grid alongside Steve, Richard T, and Alf.

Again the lights went out and all drivers headed for the first corner with no gap between them and on the main straight the gaps started to appear, Alf struggled in this final

after some excellent results in the heats, Its was Steve who raced away into the lead, but also nearly lost his place a couple of times with Ian R chasing hard and Richard

T also being close to Ian R.

After 25 laps the result was Steve in 1st, Ian R in 2nd, Richard T 3rd, and Alf bringing up the rear.

Final A

Steve took his place on the grid with Viv, Mike, and Lyle.

The lights went out and all raced away and stayed close for the first couple of laps with a short break with one driver stuck under the flyover, Mike raced away but not to

far and was soon caught by Viv who was putting in an excellent performance as he managed to take the lead and was being chased hard by Lyle, Steve had a nightmare

final and soon fell behind, and Mike managing to stay on the track but did not have the speed to catch the leaders.

After the 25 laps were completed it was Viv who took the win, Well done Viv nice to see you having some success at last, with Lyle a fantastic 2nd, Mike in a valiant 3rd

and Steve in 4th.

Well done all it was a great evening

The results

Viv 25

Lyle 23

Mike 21 + 1pt Fastest Lap 6.122 secs

Steve 20

Ian R 19

Richard T 18

Alf 17

Tone 16

Ray 15

Keith 14

Iain M 13

Gordon 12

Sorry James H you missed a brilliant a greats nights racing, but hope your enjoying you holiday.

Next week its Round 6 Goodwood Class

See you all there.

· Registered
2,424 Posts
Well done to Viv, great result with the ScaleAuto Lamby
banana.gif
Lyle too with a fine second place.
thumbsup.gif
I had lots of issues in this final with deslots on the straights and getting caught up in other drivers accidents. With two laps to go i was chasing Lyle for the second spot but i knew with the speed he had it was unlikely i would pass him.

I was surprised Steve didn't finish higher in the A final as he is quick in all the classes we run.

It is crunch time now with only two rounds left for most of the classes this year so now is the time to try and get those extra higher places in the finals to earn valuable points.

See you all next week for Goodwood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.