SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hi everyone, with Keith on his holidays it has been left to me to write the race report. If you are expecting a detailed report forget it, I leave that to Keith.

A good turn out tonight with 15 drivers attending with a couple on holiday. It appears that all the 'Slot it' cars are getting quicker with the cars side by side down the main straight, a good indication that no one is replacing the armatures with a higher reving one - a common joke at Presto.

With 15 drivers we had five finals but Richard E and James E had to leave early as it was back to school for James. This allowed new member Gordon to move upto the D final.

Surprisingly Andy T was in the D but I guess not for long as he has shown the quality of the cars he builds and I'm sure he will be in a higher Slot it final next time. Also, we saw IMac in the D which I know is far below his talent but I guess the lack of chocolate on a Wednesday nights has some bearing on that. Tone too was in the D finishing third. Andy took the win and moved up to the C final.
clap.gif

The C final was quite closely contested with James H (out of place in the C) Ray and Ian R who has improved dramatically since joining the club. Perhaps his visit to Norwich Slot racing last week helped him get around the corners quicker now at Presto.James managed to take second in this class which I know is not his favourite.

So to the B. James having won the C final now moved up to the B in company with Steve, Alf and Richard T. Steve in my opinion didn't have the greatest of nights last night but still managed to secure a win in the B.
clap.gif

The A final was conntested by Mike, Steve, Lyle and Viv. It is such a pity Viv can't make it to the club each week as he finished third in the heats with three wins and a third place and is always a good bet for an A final place when he does comes. The A was fiecely contested with Mike smashing his lap times lap after lap and setting a new lap record due to Lyle taking the lead initially and Mike chasing hard. Mike was determined to win this final and used all the tricks he knew to edge ahead of Lyle. Once Lyle fell out due to the pressure of Mike pushing he, Mike, capitalised on this and just went quicker leaving Lyle to finish in second, Viv third and Steve fourth.

A really great nights racing with everyone driving well.

The points were as follows:-

MIKE 25 + 1pt fastest lap of 6.286 sec's (New Lap Record)

LYLE 23

VIV 21

STEVE 20

RICHARD T 19

JAMES H 18

ALF 17

RAY 16

IAN R 15

ANDY T 14

IMAC 13

TONE 12

GORDON 11

RICHARD E 10

JAMES E 9

See you all next week for GT3.

·
Registered
367 Posts
A great nights racing having not touched my cars since their last outing I was supriced how quick they were but alas the lack of preparation showed in the final with a tyre coming off.
Well done to Mike I think he was still fuelled up on malt whisky from his scotch trip!
Alf

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alf, I really thought that Lyle would dominate this year as he has over the last three years for this class, but I have to give him a run for his money this year.
biggrin.png

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hoots Mon you were on fire the other night mate!!! Congratulations on your win and new lap record, we lost count of the number of times you set it and then broke it again. It is really good that we have a group of seven or eight drivers all capable of getting into the A final from the heats depending on the night and the class being run. It is currently very hard to predict who will come out on top as club champion this year let alone who will win each of the individual classes. The only safe bet is it won't be me this year!!

Looking forward to GT3 this Wednesday and if I get the time I may even resurrect an old warrior from the Carte D'Or coffin it has been languishing in, forgotten and unloved, only re-discovered when I was trying to tidy up for the BBQ!!

See you all Wednesday

Iain

·
Registered
185 Posts
As the slot.it class returned for it's 6th round, Mike called upon the dark arts of the evil lord overtake in the A final to complete a move into pond corner and gain the lead around lap 7/8, despite chasing hard the curse remained on my car causing a few offs and eventually claimed second place. The curse will hopefully be lifted in time for GT3 tomorrow if I get back in time.

Well done on the new lap record Mike!
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the report Mike you did a good job as expected.

That's the first night I have missed since August 2017 so not done to bad.

Looks like I missed a good night.

Will be glad to be back for GT3

Well done to everyone.

See you all on Wednesday

1 - 6 of 6 Posts