SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day to you all,

Tonight at Presto park we have the Roy Harvey memorial Trophy meeting in memory of Mikes Dad, whom all members are very grateful to for his great support for Mike and

the club which allows us to have a great club and track to race on. Many thanks Roy R.I.P.

With 14 drivers attending the club last night to support Mike and the club with quite a variation of cars with the most popular being the Ford P68.

The heats got under way and progressed well with the exception of a couple of minor incidents and a couple of breakdowns.

The club may have been chilly but the racing was certainly hot, hot, hot, with some very close racing keeping the marshals on their toes from start to finish and some very

unusual results.

Steve had a dreadful night in the heats as his car just would not handle and had to get the help of our chatterbox constructor Andy to get his car sorted for the finals.

Keith was having a good evening until he received a Harvey kiss from Mike at turn one on lap 7 which broke his motor pod and put his P68 out.

Tone had some good results finishing 1st in two heats and also 2 2nds well done Tone.

Richard T also had a good night with 2 wins a 2nd and a 3rd.

Our current Club Champion has not had a good year and unfortunualty will not be retaining his title. Better luck in 2020.

With so many excellent performances from all our drivers there are to many to mention, its nice to see how the finals work out.

So to the finals.

With 14 drivers we have 5 finals to get through.

Final E

With just Ray and Steve on the start line for the 25 laps, the lights went out and Steve went away leaving Ray chasing. Steve had now got his car sorted and its handling

had much improved. Ray just couldn't match the pace.

After 25 laps it was Steve who took the win with Ray 2nd.

Final D

On the grid this time we have Steve, Iain M, Gordon and Alf.

The lights went out and the cars raced away into turn 1 and all came through cleanly and as they raced away it was Steve who again took the lead and managed to keep

everything running well. with the lower places changing lap by lap

After 25 laps it was Steve who took the win, Gordon took a well deserved 2nd place, Iain M finished in 3rd and Alf came in 4th well done to all it was a great final.

Final C

On the grid for this the middle final we have Alan, Keith, Steve and Ian R.

This was expected to be a close final with all drivers lap times in the mid 6 seconds and as it showed in the early laps.

Alan raced away after a few laps and managed to keep his car in the slot with Keith and Ian R as well as Steve chasing hard to catch him,

After the 25 laps it was Alan who took the win from Steve in 2nd, Keith 3rd and Ian R 4th.

Final B

Alan took his place on the grid alongside Lyle, Richard T, and James H.

This final was a mad chase all through the 25 laps with Lyle finding some late form.

The lap times were showing a very close race and it was 25 laps later that Lyle took the win from Richard T in 2nd, James H in 3rd and Alan bringing up the rear.

So to the big on its time for :-

Final A

On the start line we have Mike, Andy, Tone and the promoted Lyle.

The lights went out and the cars stayed close for a few laps before Andy broke away with Mike chasing hard all through this final.

Lyle's car gave up after a few laps leaving Tone to chase Mike and Andy but to no avail could not catch them

After the 25 captivating laps it was Andy who took the win from Mike in 2nd, Tone took 3rd after an exceptional evening and Lyle finished 4th.

The results for the night are as follows:-

Andy 25 + 1pt for fastest lap of the night 6.385 seconds

Mike 23

Tone 21

Lyle 20

Richard T 19

James H 18

Alan 17

Steve 16

Keith 15

Ian R 14

Gordon 13

Iain M 12

Alf 11

Ray 10

A great evening again here at Presto and congratulations to all our heat and final winners and to all other drivers for some great racing that we have come to expect from

all our drivers.

Thanks to all who attended this fantastic memorial event and thanks to Mike and Averill who give up their time to run this fantastic club.

With less than 6 weeks to Christmas and just 4 race meeting to go till the end of our race calendar and class wins still to be had we are looking forward to some

close racing to come.

Next week we have our Sports GT/ Group 5 class

Hope to see you all there

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Thanks Keith. Well, so much to mention really this week. Firstly a big congratulations to Andy T for his A final win and taking my Dad's Memorial Cup - well done mate.
clap.gif
clap.gif

Also good to see Keith take two heat wins - just keep that up for next year mate.
clap.gif
Talking of next year it seems the B finals now are more like our old A finals but what the hell is it going to be like next year. With so many drivers really improved this year, next year is going to be fantastic. Perhaps i should change the direction of travel and that would b..gger eveyone up. Lol.
laugh.png

Also, I have to mention Lyle who has won this years Goodwood Cup with123 pts and me trailing with 118 pts, a close result after racing all year - well done mate.
clap.gif
clap.gif

Keith mentioned 'the Harvey Kiss' it was a 'lean on' not a full blown kiss and i did warn you all to be careful when racing on the outside of me
ph34r.png
I did show everyone this little tactic so guys it's down to you.
biggrin.png
I will replace your motor pod for you Keith FOC no problem.

Finally, I have been racing since I was 12 yrs old and I believe my race in the A final was the best I have ever had against Tone'. - fantastic, side by side, no Harvey kisses, one minute Tone' led, then me, then Tone' for 20 odd laps - brilliant. Thanks Tone for one heck of a race
thumbsup.gif

As Keith mentioned we have only four weeks left in this years calendar and both final class positions and Championship placings are changing every week with the five from seven results we run this year. I think this option has been greatly received by everyone, so being ill or on holiday gives you all better options.

Finally guys, thanks to everyone for the offer of hats, gloves and parka's. I felt so ill again last night and just couldn't get warm. Went to bed at 10 and woke up at nearly mid day but feel better now.

Have a great week and see you all for Sports/Gt next week. Mike

·
Lil' Fella
147 Posts
A very good evenings racing by many and like Mike said 4 years ago, and I thought "Ha!!" it'll take a couple of years to learn this track and my cars too. He was right!!

The McLaren went beautifully and held it's own to earn the "A" finals. Pity I didn't get the blue lane but it was a very good race being along site Mike tasselling for 2nd/3rd places.

A good write up by Keith as usual, thanks.

I wonder how the "Revoslot Supra" will fair against the seasoned runners next week, will have to wait and see after I will have my MRI scan!!

Glad you are feeling better, Mike, and don't forget the Horlicks, for a good night sleep!!

See you on the grid.

Tone

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks for the write-up Keith and well done all for a hard years racing in goodwood. Many congratulations to Andy for winning the Roy Harvey memorial trophy.

Good to hear you're on the mend Tone.

Delighted to have won the Goodwood class, though I think a re-build & re-furb is in order over the next month for the GT40 following it's wars over the past year!

On to Sports where no doubt there'll be an array of moslers & black arrow lambos in contention

·
Registered
118 Posts
As usual another great night's racing and as Richard said it's good to see many members doing so well this year and as said above what will next years racing bring. The old Spirit Ferrari 512 was going better than at the start of the year and I just love to race it as I think it is just a fabulous car from the past. It is about a second a lap off the main contenders or is it just that the trigger puller is way off the pace!!!!, next season may hold the answer!!

Great report from Keith although I did think I came second in my final behind Steve but perhaps I am being deluded by wistful thinking.

What can you say apart from congratulations to Andy on getting his name onto the Memorial Trophy. I think some of the credit must go to his grandson who was sweetness and light till lunchtime then turned into a 'little lump of earth' (sod for those who don't aren't familiar with the Sun's 3 letter cryptic crossword clues). He arrived so wound up that only the win was going to let off all the steam caused by the babysitting. So guys if Andy arrives with steam coming out of his ears complaining about his grandson's behavior then watch out it will be another first place in the A final. Seriously it couldn't have gone to a more deserving driver as he is always the first to reach into his box and loan a well prepared spare car to anyone who has a misfortune during the night, Warmest congratulations and a huge well done. Congratulations to Lyle for another class win

Who knows Mike if you had been wearing your thermals and been feeling on top of your game you may have won the night but your scrap with Tone must rank as one of the highlights of the year well done to you both.

Take care all and see you next week

Iain

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad your feeling better Mike, hope your nearer 100% next week.

Tone glad your on the mend to and hope you make it if your not to tired next week.

Thanks for the mention Mike it was a great nights racing.

Where else can you get great racing and a friendly club like we do at Presto.

See you all next week.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iain

Have just checked the computer results and You did finish 3rd behind Gordon.

Sorry mate I would give you an extra point but I have to do it by the results.

Hope you have a better evening next week

·
Lil' Fella
147 Posts
Even though we don't admit it openly, Mike, James H, Richard T, and Alfie, I have looked up to for racing inspirations and gleaned information to help me improve racing and car preparation.

Thanks all for a friendly club to belong to. Always an inspiration.

Regards,

Tone

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Thanks Tone'. As the owner of Presto I think it vitally important for everyone to help one another. I have no secrets,and as you all know am always willing to tell you any edge I have found to help you become better at the sport.

However, next year may be different as it is going to be soooo close at the club BUT joking aside, I will always tell any one who asks for my help as I know James, Richard and Alfie do.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well what a fantastic night this was. Congratulations to Andy for taking the trophy and we'll done to Lyle for his class win - well deserved. Shout out to Tone what a great drive you had tonight just brilliant and a Joy to watch you race so well tonight. Thanks for your kind words - always happy to help with any tips or advice as I am always happy to receive them as I've done over the years. I was lucky enough to have Alan Seymour as a mentor in my early days of racing who could have not been more helpful with tips and encouragement. I have said this before that Presto must be unique in its spirit that all members support one another. Thank you Mike as this is fed down from the top. Thank you Keith once again for a great race report which once again captures the spirit of the night.
Richard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts