SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Well another great night here at Presto Park with our saloon class being well contested with 15 drivers attending.

The results as you will see proved that as the season comes towards the end that the club members are not giving up with out a fight.

The heats last night were fast and furious right from no 1 to no 15 with everyone having a good go and the finals were very mixed up.

So to the finals.

Final E

This was due to be between Richard E and son James, but as they had to leave before the finals started this final didn't run.

Final D

On the grid we have Tone, Keith, and Iain M. with waiting for the lights to go out for the 25 laps it was tense.

Keith and Tone raced away and during the race swapped places on numerous occasions right up to lap 20 before Tone managed to break away. Iain tried hard to keep up with the pace with the leaders but didn't manage.

So after the 25 laps it was Tone who took the win only a quarter of a lap ahead of Keith in 2nd and Iain in 3rd.

Final C

The start line for this final was Tone, Viv, Mike (what happened here Mate) and Ian R.

The lights went out and the cars raced away again very close for the first few laps then the gaps widened but no drama's for any drivers.

After the 25 laps it was Ian R who took the win with Mike in 2nd, Tone 3rd and Viv 4th.

Final B

This could have been a line up for an A final and as expected we saw a great race. On the grid we have Ian R, James H, Richard T and Steve.

The start was quick and all drivers raced away and stayed very close until a few mishaps occurred and the drivers became very spaced out.

So after the 25 laps it was Steve who took the win from Richard T in 2nd, James H came in 3rd with Ian R bringing up the rear.

Final A

The big one of the night we have Alan, Steve, Andy, and Lyle on the start line.

The lights went out and all raced away and even after 10 laps all cars were within half a lap of each other.

Alan managed to do the fastest lap of the night during this final and towards the end places were being swapped but after the 25 laps it was Alan who took the win with Andy following in 2nd, Lyle managed to hold onto 3rd with Lyle came in 4th.

It was a great nights racing here at Presto

The results are as follows:-

Alan 25 + 1pt for fastest lap 6.400 seconds

Andy 23

Lyle 21

Steve 20

Richard T 19

James H 18

Ian R 17

Mike 16

Tone 15

Viv 14

Keith 13

Iain M 12

Richard E 11

James E 10

Next week we have Round 7 of our crash and bash class American Muscle/ Nascar

Hope to see you all there for the penultimate round of our club championship.

Many thanks to Mike and Averill for another great nights racing.

See you all next week

Reminder

All members attending the club Christmas dinner James H need payment for your bookings next Wednesday night Thanks.

·
Lil' Fella
147 Posts
Good racing by all and the newbees are doing very well.

Thank you Mike for the cakes, Happy Birthday!!

I road tested the Slot-It Merc 190 at the beginning and will prepare it in good time for the coming season.

In the meantime the Opel Calibra took to the track and did well, but was out gunned by the young'ins, but the old dog is not retiring yet, many more years still behind the controller!!

Looking forward to next weeks American muscle, prepping the Ford, Chevrolet, Cadillac Eldorado and Dodge in readiness for the head to head against the Camaros and such.

See you all on the start line, varooooom, varooom, varoom, crackle, Tee Hee Hee!!!

Tone

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Not a great night for me yet again, I just couldn't get the grip with the F15 tyres or perhaps it's just me. - 70 yrs tomorrow. It doesn't seem 58 yrs ago my Mum & Dad bought me my Scalextric track, figure of eight and a rubber tack at that time.On the carpet at Christmas 1961.

However, a big congrat's to Alan with his A final win and quickest time of the night,
banana.gif
how i posted the 6.0?? lap record is beyond me, I can't do that now.

Well done to Andy, Lyle and Steve for their places in the A final.

Richard remarked last night that the current B finals are just like the A finals last year, but isn't it great that everyone have improved so much we now have a different A final most weeks than in the past.

Well done also to Tone' for his D final win and Ian R for his C final win.

Thank you all for your Birthday wishes I can't believe i am 70 tomorrow, my brain is still as though I am 21 but my body is completely bu..gered., but I am still breathing. Lol.

Congratulations to Steve for second place in the Saloon Car championship with 116 pts and guess who beat you
question.gif
a decrepit 70 yr old with 119 pts.

Have a great week everyone and see you all next week for some panel rubbing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congratulations Mike on winning the Saloon class this year as the points show it was so nearly a different story so commiserations to Steve and with Alan and Andy showing that if they had been available to contest all rounds this season then they would have been right in there in the mix. Next year is going to be a cracker. Also congratulations to Alan for the win and fastest lap. My Civic had a mixed night again. As Lyle pointed out I was the fastest in my final but if you can't keep it in the slot then bringing up the rear is all I deserve!! American Muscle next week which always produces great entertainment and spectacular crashes. I see Tone is going to bring out the Cadillac Eldorado but is it really a 'Muscle' car I would have described it more of a 'Flab' sort of car, a bit like me. I am looking forward to the final round of F1 where I hope to squeak into the B final and perhaps get into the A final but I fear there are too many faster cars and drivers but who knows.

See you all next week

Iain

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Yo should have kept your F1 secrets to yourself Iain, then you would have been F1 champ' this year. Many thanks for the birthday card.

·
Lil' Fella
147 Posts
The Cadillac Eldorado was used as a pace car at the Nascar racing meetings back in the 1960-1962 period with it's 7 litre V8. The current model was fitted with Slot-it In line HRS2 chassis kit as was permitted at the time of conception with a Shark 20k motor. If allowed to race the motor will be replaced with one from recommended listing.

It was shunned on track cos at the time of racing in the past, other drivers chose to race Anglias, Cortinas and of course Minis!!!!! 2 &1/2 minis equals one Cadillac length!!!!

Dodge charger R/T is 23mm shorter than the Eldorado, the extra length being the extended trunk space, (boot to the limies).

Tone

·
Registered
106 Posts
Happy birthday Mike and well done for the class win. Congratulations to Alan for tonight's win - we'll deserved and taking fastest lap as well!
As I said to Mike it's great that placings for the finals are constantly changing which provides great racing throughout the night. Top placings are getting harder to achieve even for seasoned drivers so it's all to play for next year.
Thank you Mike for the cakes to celebrate your 70th! It topped off yet another great night at Presto.
See you all next week.

Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts