SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Richard and I are going to drive from Lands End to John o Groats visting Slot Clubs and Shops on the way to collecting money for the Round Table Childrens Wish Charity.
We are planning to leave on Tuesday 22 June From Lands End, in the morning to stop at Phoenix Raceway later that day. the following day we will be at the Pendle Slot racing Shop and the Pendle track. Further detail will be add as arranged.

Any other club interested in being involved Please let me know.

RR

·
DT
5,195 Posts
SlotForum will Support RR & R in their exploit. We hope to bring info and photos to our members of the trip as it happens.

We wish you luck

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You are gonna have a great night at Phoenix! Dig deep lads it is for a great cause. We wish you all the luck in the world fellas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clubs in England, Wales and Scotland are now taking part, one of the first events will be evening racing on the Aberstone track (Thank you Phil) in April.

RR

·
Phil B.
3,749 Posts
I drove from Lands End to J.o.G. in the 70`s in a Ford E93A Popular in aid of Cystic Fibrosis and had to change a carb float, we found one in a scrap yard at Eccle Fechan. Some where I`ve got some shaky 8mm cine film of the lime green and purple (well it was the seventies) Pop. The trip was made possible by ESSO -my thanks to the sponsors! Good Luck lads. Phil B.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
No word back from my brother yet on the car.

Can I get you to send me paper copies of all publicity and especialy anything to do with the Round Table so I can pass it on to my localRound Table lads. Most of them have had an evening at Phoenix so I think it will help to get more publicity/numbers on the day/cash!

Cheers, Jon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phil,
The proof copy has been re-written and the book will be re-edited next week, as more of the wonderful pictures are to be used including your rail cars. As this book must be perfect before it is released. I am very pleased with how it has turned out.

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phil,
Built the lowest FWD rail car I have ever seen. This car proved that a rail car could be built low enough to be an accurate scale model well after rail racing finished. It would be a very low slot car and it perfomed very well. The armature would sometimes hit the rail.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Graham,
I raced this car for many laps during the filming of the TV programme on rail racing and it drives beautifully, it qualified in the top 3 at the Abergavenny rail race and showed how good a front wheel drive car can be.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Many of the early railcars had front wheel drive ,I have an old construction article from model car and track somwhere detailing one .also it was intresting to see just how quick the fwd slots went at wrexham especialy after i showed inte where to put the magnet ,the little sod went and beat me (well he was running a scale auto 35k to my nc1)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Graham,
you designed the chassis in Phil car as what Phil did was build a copy of Sean Bug you built and turn it around the other way to make it FWD and it worked so well.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Grah, I didnt just beat you, I absolutely caned you! I think I put most cars to shame and with a lap time of 9.5 mine wont too slow
well proud of that car! it's mint!

Rob.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts