SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me. I want to route digital, is it possible (how have you done it) or should I just submerged the digital track piece into the MDF. Any help information or photos would be grateful

thanks

James

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
i have just finished my routed digital track using the sink the lane change method and it all works superbly.

for ease it is best to use coppertape with a conductive backing.

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Hi James,

yes of cause routing digital can be made. No worry about that. There are many great exaples here on the forum. The tracks made by dda or camber for example are very professional cnc routed but even a guided common router and handmade alu- flippers can do the job. Constructing your own lanechangers will allow to do bestlane designs, too and gives maximal freedom in designing your dreamtrack. You might have a look at my Targa Suburbia thread to get an idea. In my opinion it is really not too problematic. Best is to route a little testtrack to try the methods first...

Regards Jens

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you, I have been looking through all your tracks and have got some good ideas from them :)you have a very good skill. The peco point motors is a good idea but how do they get wired to the controllers (if they do)

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Hello James,

every digital lanechanger system used has some flipping electronic (called "lanebrain" at scorpious; the system I use (scorpiuswireless.com)) and something like the peco-switchmachine inside. Power is typically directly taken from rails (about 12 V in common cases will fit the electronics and the peco). As the electronic usually only gives the impulse (to switch or not to switch, thats the question...) you can use it from your system what ever kind of switchmachine you use (The original or the peco). The peco seems to be perfect as the current needed is low, it is robust and selfdesigning a flipper is easy. You can test it by buying one peco (about 10Euro), kill one lanechanger of the system you had chosen (You have to cut it anyway when plastering into your track if using the "cut-and-glue-method" described by the others above) and tryout if the peco works with your electronic and throttles. I guess it will. Depending on the system you use (SCX,Oxigen,Carerra,Ninco...) you have to think about diodes or deadstrips that have to be build in, too.

Dont worry, a little testrack will take all your sorrows away, just get started! Regards Jens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts