SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been building a hill climb track over the last few weeks since seeing one on Luf's site I just had to have one.

It was an interesting experience and alot fiddlier than I had imagined.

First step was laying out some 3mm MDF into a track that I thought would be OK

And then built a frame for the hill. The hill is about 1.8m high at the top and 1.2m wide

Next step was to build a rickety frame to mount the track to the hill and upon mounting the frame I had to take out some sections of track and modify others to get them to fit onto the hill. In Hindsight the angle of the hill needed to be much lower but you live and learn.

Heres the track with some paint

As you can tell Im an expert with electronics wiring the relay for the reversing loop

Next step was to lay the wire fly screen onto the track

And then cover with Chux wipes and a combination of Plaster of Paris and then paper mache (as it was easier to work with)

Next up was the paint

And then a black wash and dry brush on the rocks

I then butchered an old xmas tree and added sawdust flock for scenery and then a number of fences and signs posts etc

The finished product

And some video footage as well

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its about an 11sec trip up and down atm using a stock SCX 4x4 Celica.

Next step is to increase my rally car collection

Thinking of getting some of the Ninco Raid trucks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
could you please tell me how you wired the rally loop as your course is just what ive had in mind for a while now, but im no electrician so didnt know where to start.

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (oooooomonkeys @ 7 Apr 2008, 08:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>could you please tell me how you wired the rally loop as your course is just what ive had in mind for a while now, but im no electrician so didnt know where to start.

thanks

I used the circuit design from oldslotracer http://www.oldslotracer.com/Hillclimb4.html
to get the track to reverse polarity so the car would go back down the hill.

It took me a while to get it all going but once you get your head around the relay its not to bad

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If you really want a reversing loop like that and just cant build one yourself, theres always the premade systems used by model railroaders. This is exactly what they have to use for reversing loops or triangles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.