SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of putting together my dream track, a 33 X 20 foot copy of Road America. Because of the size, the cost of all that sectional track is daunting. Most of the plans I have seen on Slot-it's website incorporate the same number of pieces for the curves whether your building a 14X9, 16X8, 20X15, or a monster track like a 33X20, it is just the number of straight sections that make the track longer. So I have been thinking of routing the longer straight sections, to save some money for the twisty parts in plastic.

So here's my question. I have heard of track builder's routing wood sections to join up to sectional track, (mainly to Ninco), has anyone ever tried doing this with Scaley track? If so, how did you join the wood sections to the plastic sections?

Thanks for any advise you guys can give.

Zippideedoda

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought about that. But I have a lot of sectioanl track, and money is rather tight right now, so I thought I would try this. If I did make the straight out of wood and liked how it turned out, I could try the twisty bits later.

Baby steps, ya now?

Zipp

·
David Moss
461 Posts
I know this isn't much help but I have been wondering about this for ages. Just the other way around. I have been wondering if I could route an active pit lane for 4 lanes, and connect this to my Scalextric track.

If this is possible then I wondered about a more realistic 4 lane chicane/esses/bus stop.

Hope someone can help you as I'm very interested myself.

BacardiBeast

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Oh ****e, completely forgot to post my answer.

The guys in [email protected] told me:

The Nincotrack are attached to the woodtrack by many small screws from underneath.
They have made the connection just after a turn, when the guide are hanging to the side, then they have made the slot a little bit wide to catch the guide.
You have to fix the plastictrack to the groud by tiny nails.
The power are transfered by a jumper.
Their track have been used twice a week for 1½ year now, and no problems have occured.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.