SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Let's get one thing straight I have zero ability as an electrician, but I will need to wire up my proposed new Routed track.

1. The track will be three lane and will use Prof Motor electronic Controllers. I want to be able to use these controllers at Club Tracks, so I will need to use these old fashioned three pin plugs, that I last used in the sixties!, (isn't it about time that a new standard plug was adopted in the UK!). Question....Where can you buy these plugs from?...None of my local stores seem to sell them.

2. I really like the look of the Prof Motor wiring centres, as they seem to offer a simple solution to wiring a track, even for a simpleton like me.
Wiring Centre Details

Question....Does anyone have any experience of using this piece of equipment. Is it as easy as it looks?.

3) I guess I should use a decent Power supply unit. Question...Any recommendations that would suit a three lane system?

Regards

Alan

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
alan plugs are available at pendle sockets from city electrical factors .If your stuck Ill screw every thing to a board for you then all you have to do is connect to the lanes and add the psu .email me and give me some details of your track and how near to wiring you are .

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
QUOTE Where can you buy these plugs from?...
This may surprise but my local B&Q has both the plugs and sockets!

Graham's offer sounds too good to miss but if you are going the DIY "route" Chris Frost's site has some great info on wiring (as well as just about everything else to do with track building):

Chris Frost Track Wiring

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys for the assistance.

Graham I'm no where near needing the electrics yet, but I'm very grateful for your offer, it is much appreciated.

I checked my local B& Q, and they didn't have any plugs or sockets, so I'll try one of the larger branches.

John, I've read Chris Frost's information many times and it is very, very useful, and thank you for the additional info you sent me.......the question is when are you going to start yours?

Regards

Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts