Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was after some advice with regards to creating a routed track. What's the minimum lane spacing I can get away with for 1/43 and how much room on the outside of the corners is ideal. I saw in an older thread that a 3" radius is about as tight as you should go.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hi Jim,
tightest lane spacing used in 1/43rd is 55mm, but i would not recommend going down that low. i used 60mm (app. 2 3/8") and i really like it, on all the 3 tracks i routed.
inside slot to inside border: 50mm (2")
outside slot to outside border: 80mm (3")

i used 40mm on my last track for the tightest corner and it works very well, even kids master that turn. 3" is a good value for it, but even lower is no problem.

hope that helped, if not, just let me know

cheers,
Peter

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Peter, that's great. I need to keep the track quite narrow (3ft) so trying to get an idea of what I can fit in. Need to get the pencil and paper out!

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
In the larger scales some rules require a minimum outside slot to outside border dimension.
The 1/43 equivalent to this minimum outside slot to outside border is about 85mm (approx 3.4")
For home tracks (and other tracks where space is very limited) builders sometimes use less than this. Often there are only a few places where squeezing the outside slot dimension makes much difference to fitting the track in a confined space, so the more generous space can be used elsewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts