1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to say:

- I'm in a hurry.

- I'm in England.

- I'm on a budget (I just don't know what it is yet).

Please help, 'cos I can't find a thing on the interWeb.

McLaren

·
John Roche
4,236 Posts
have you thought about building it yourself? If I can do it anyone can. When I started I hadn't done any woodwork since I left school in 1970.

It's the cheapest way even if you make some mistakes but you will learn from them. I had thought that routing the curves would be the hardest but I had trouble routing in a straight line , even with a straight strip to guide me. I was using MDF the depth of the slot laid on a baseboard so I got the timber yard to cut me dome strips in the right width.

You can see some old pictures of my humble effort on:

www.slotcenter.net/roche.htm (I really ought to send David some more recent photos)

I also second the recommendation of oldslotracer.

Good luck

John

·
Administrator
9,908 Posts
You might also check with Spanish distributor Cric-Crac, who handle something called the Vario-System, which are sections of pre-routed track, 4, 6 or 8 lane. Haven't looked at this recently, but assume they are still available.
Don

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ Don - Would like to find out more about the Vario-System. Sounds interesting.

@ Jon & Henrik - Old Slot Racer (aka Luf) IS the king of routing, however he is located the other side of the pond, which sucks a bit.

@ Alan - I'm know Nic (Mr Slot32) well, and I don't think he ever offered a routing service. He even got someone else to build his four lane plexi track. Do you mean Slot32.com, the German geezers?

@ Graham - Cheers mate, sounds good.

@ Jon - I'm not in any way ready to build a track myself. If it's for the club, screw-ups are unacceptable, so it'd probably be a waste of money!

@ Everyone - I'm just looking for quotes at the moment, as an option. Cheers for the feedback guys!

McLaren

1 - 12 of 12 Posts