SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
An interesting idea and sounds like fun. What about marshalling ? There are two methods of operation here, one where the cars are running to a pre-defined schedule according to the number of tweets and one in real-time. Lots of questions:

Considering the first option, would the tweets be timestamped and delivered to the car in a playback mode ?
So pretty much real-time from the point of delivery?
If not how would the tweets be timed ad sent to the cars?
What controls the maxium speed at any given point on the track and prevents the car from leaving the track?

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
Shame JP...I think we need ideas like this to get the younger generation interested in slot cars, the hobby is full of 40+ people, no so many teenagers tho.

I see in your Sig RichG, a Wi Slot, I was playing around with Wii controllers a while back and it struck me then that it would make a good slot car controller...bluetooth, easy to talk to, hope it goes well.

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
Well its been over a week ago since I last had an email saying I would hear something regarding getting access to the API....since then I've been away for a week on holiday and still haven't received anything.

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
Well isn't that just brillant!!!!
Just out of interest who has submitted something?
Why was this post put up in the first place if actually contributing to it was going to proove impossible?
Also sounds like the deadline was completely unrealistic.

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
Why was this post put up in the first place if actually contributing to it was going to proove impossible?

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
Well isn't that just brillant!!!! I missed the closing date on the 1st post....never would have bothered even trying had I known that, considering the initial post was the 19th of July...and the closing date 31st, thats just silly.

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
Well isn't that just brillant!!!! I missed the closing date on the 1st post....never would have bothered even trying had I known that, considering the initial post was the 19th of July...and the closing date 31st, thats just silly.

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
No idea why there are so many posts from me on this topic...could a moderator please remove them please.

@Sam, I can confirm that after sending my details to you that were requested I hadn't received anything in response.

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
@Sam, thanks for the mail, I got the document...I have an up-to-date Windows 7 64 bit installation, but don't have the svcutil.exe, it would be useful in your document to specify where to obtain this from.

Also I'm confused about what it is you are asking for here? As the API seems to be a series of URL calls to make a tweet or get the number of tweets....are you asking for people to create alternate web-sites that allow web-users to tweet for a car?

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
The document I has is titled "RS Components Powered By Tweets"

On page 4 there is a link to the API main URL, when visiting this link you will see the line:

svcutil.exe followed by a URL.

JSON is a javascript encoding method for variables, objects and arrays.

· Simon Platten
1,014 Posts
Hi RichG, the instructions in the document were to take the svcutil.exe and the URL and paste into the command line. On my system I don't have svcutil.exe

To implement this API on a PIC, one could use a WiFi or Ethernet module with an TCP stack implementing basic HTTP protocol, once the HTTP interface is up and running you could then use the PIC to drive the power to the cars. I'm still a big confused as to what is being asked for.

@Sam, are you looking for an idea or a complete design by the closing date...idea is fine, complete design is out of the question.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.