Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

NEW YORK, July 16--Audi joined forces with Twentieth Century Fox to develop its first car built specifically for a major motion picture. Hero detective Will Smith battles robots in the year 2035 while driving this unique Audi mid-engine concept car in the movie "i, ROBOT," which opens in theaters today.

Audi believes its designers have created an appropriate car for the fictional future world of "i, ROBOT," and that the resulting RSQ sport coupe is a good interpretation of Audi design philosophy. The car also incorporates specific ideas from Alex Proyas, the film's director. Technical realization of the RSQ was achieved in just 10 weeks by Audi Design working with its long-term partner Uedelhoven Studios of Germany.

RSQ Audi Site

It's reported that in 2035 that Audi come home 1st, 2nd and 3rd at Le Mans

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
hmmm - kinda looks like a vacu-form of this car:

audi le mans quattro

I presume audi predicts that they will sack their entire design team but continue making the same cars (albeit without wheels) for the next 100 years!

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Audi le mans quattro :- that's sweet. Looking at the cockpit... erm - how does it work

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Very nice, but I feel the Xzylon has it beat for aerodynamics.

Great series of books by the way, I only hope the film sticks to the original plot!.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
beejay - i think you better leave after the first half of the film!

As for the le-mans car - I think you use the 'mode' button to set what place you want to come, and then press the yellow 'race' button to race. Then you relax with a good book until time to refuel, where-upon you press the 'pit' button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts